We are happy to announce the release of the newest version of Microsoft MPI (MS-MPI). MS-MPI v7.1 is the successor to the Microsoft MPI v7 redistributable package (released in November 2015). You can download a copy of MS-MPI v7.1 from the Microsoft download center.
MS-MPI v7.1 includes the following notable improvements and fixes to MS-MPI v7:
- More resilient setup; will not fail when previous uninstallations did not successfully clean up the registry.
- Bug fixed within MS-MPI v7 that caused jobs to fail when a large number of MPI jobs were executed concurrently on the same set of nodes.
- MS-MPI v7.1 will automatically fall back to NTLM if Kerberos authentication fails in environment with partial or misconfigured Kerberos support.
- mpiexec will support Unicode characters in command line and no longer has a hardcoded limit for command line length.
- Long path notation (\\?\) is now supported.
Note: The SDK components for MS-MPI (headers and libraries) ship separately from the redistributable package binary files. However, it is available from the same download page with the redistributable package.
For more detailed questions, or future feature requests, please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.