Reclaim the valuable time and resources you’re losing with traditional on-premises SQL Server implementations by migrating to Azure SQL Database. This white paper will guide you through the thought process and steps required to migrate your database workloads from on-premises to Azure services—helping you focus on rapid app development and accelerate your time to market.
Learn about the five stages of the SQL migration roadmap:
- Understand your database footprint and potential approaches to migration.
- Assess the discovered workload requirements and any dependencies.
- Plan and describe the workloads to be migrated, the tools to be used for migration, and the target platform for the workload.
- Transform any workloads not currently compatible with modern data platforms. Optimize workloads to take advantage of new features.
- Perform migration, validate successful migration, and remediate applications where required.