Azure Backup hosts Ask Me Anything session
By Trinadh Kotturu Senior Program Manager, Azure Backup
1 min read
The Azure Backup team will host a special Ask Me Anything session on /r/Azure, Thursday, October 20, 2016 from 09:00 am to 1:00 pm PDT.
What's an AMA session?
We'll have folks from across the Azure Backup Engineering team available to answer any questions you have. You can ask us anything about our products, services or even our team!
Why are you doing an AMA?
We like reaching out and learning from our customers and the community. We want to know how you use Azure and Azure Backup and how your experience has been. Your questions provide insights into how we can make the service better.We did this last year and we are excited about the questions and feedback we have received and we are doing it again.
Who will be there?
You, of course! We'll also have PMs and Developers from the Azure Backup team participating throughout the day.
Have any questions about the following topics? Bring them to the AMA.
• Backup of Azure IaaS VMs (both Classic and Resource Manager VMs)
• Azure Backup Server
• System Center Data Protection Manager (We announced VMware VM backup support couple of months ago)
• Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Agent
Why should I ask questions here instead of StackOverflow, MSDN or Twitter? Can I really ask anything?
An AMA is a great place to ask us anything. StackOverflow and MSDN have restrictions on which questions can be asked while Twitter only allows 140 characters. With an AMA, you’ll get answers directly from the team and have a conversation with the people who build these products and services.
Here are some question ideas:
• What is Azure Backup? What is the cloud-first approach to backup?
• How should I choose between Azure Backup Server and System Center Data Protection Manager for my application backup?
• What are the pros/cons of using VM backup versus File/Folder backup?
• How does the “Protected Instances” billing model work?
• Why should I pick cloud over tape for long term retention?
• What can be protected in Recovery Services vault?
Go ahead, ask us anything about our public products or the team. Please note, we cannot comment on unreleased features and future plans.