Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 is now generally available
Posted on Friday, February 1, 2019
Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 is a no-compromises data lake platform that combines the rich feature set of advanced data lake solutions with the economics, global scale, and enterprise grade security of Azure Blob Storage.
ADLS Gen2 brings many powerful capabilities to market:
- It uses the same low-cost storage model as Azure Blob Storage.
- It’s tightly integrated with Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL DW, and Azure Databricks to speed the development of end-to-end analytics workflows.
- It’ll support Azure Blob Storage features like object tiering, lifecycle policy management, and high availability/disaster recovery data redundancy.
- It provides a high performance HDFS-compatible file system that supports atomic operations and is capable of 1 TB/s throughput.
- It supports the Common Data Model data storage using Power BI or SQL Data Warehouse.
- It’s supported by a global network of big data analytics partner and system integrators.