Save time and let one of these trained SI partners help you with a proof of concept, deployment & integration of this solution.
The Cortana Intelligence Suite provides advanced analytics tools through Microsoft Azure - data ingestion, data storage, data processing and advanced analytics components - all of the essential elements for building a demand forecasting and price optimization solution.
This solution combines several Azure services to create powerful advantages. Azure Blob Storage stores the weekly raw sales data. Apache Spark for Azure HDInsight ingests the data and executes data preprocessing, forecasting modeling and price optimization algorithms. Finally, Data Factory orchestrates and schedules the entire data flow.
The 'Deploy' button will launch a workflow that will deploy an instance of the solution within a Resource Group in the Azure subscription you specify. The solution includes multiple Azure services (described below) along with a web job that simulates data so that immediately after deployment you can see data flowing through the end-to-end pipeline.
For post deployment instructions and more details on the technical implementation, please see the instructions here.
Technical details and workflow
- The simulation data is generated hourly by newly deployed Azure Web Jobs.
- This synthetic data is stored at Azure Blob Storage, that will be used in the rest of the solution flow.
- Spark on HDInsight is used to ingest and preprocess the raw data, build and retrain the demand forecasting models, and execute price optimization algorithms.
- Azure Data Factory orchestrates and schedules the entire data flow.
- Finally, Power BI is used for results visualization, so that users can monitor the results of the sales, predicted future demand as well as recommended optimal prices for a variety of products sold in different stores.
©2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. This information is provided "as-is" and may change without notice. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here. Third party data was used to generate the Solution. You are responsible for respecting the rights of others, including procuring and complying with relevant licenses in order to create similar datasets.