Extend Azure management and services anywhere
Accelerate innovation across hybrid and multicloud environments
Azure Arc offers simplified management, faster app development, and consistent Azure services. Easily organize, govern, and secure Windows, Linux, SQL Server, and Kubernetes clusters across data centers, the edge, and multicloud environments right from Azure. Architect, design, and build cloud-native apps anywhere without sacrificing central visibility and control. Get Azure innovation and cloud benefits by deploying consistent Azure data, application, and machine learning services on any infrastructure.
See what customers are doing with Azure Arc
Calvin Karundu, Software Engineer, Africa’s Talking
"With Azure Arc, we can help our customers grow and expand across the continent, creating more jobs and economic opportunities along the way."
Thomas Gossler, Chief Architect for Teamplay, Siemens Healthineers
"Azure Arc is the key technology we use to deliver software as a service to the edge within our customers' local on-premises networks."
Aram Lauxtermann, Director of Cloud, KPMG
"With Azure Arc, we're able to distribute solutions and workloads across multiple clouds and datacenters to support our clients that would have otherwise been bound to a datacenter."
Kristina Melo, SQL Database Administrator, Ferguson Enterprises
"Using Azure Arc–enabled data services, I'm able to deploy multiple databases with the same exact configuration versus having a bunch of different sizes and flavors out there."
Mike DeLuca, Global Lead for Hybrid, Avanade
"Azure Arc uses the same APIs and the same control plane as Azure, providing consistency across the hybrid infrastructure, which increases productivity and reduces risk."
Stijn Callebaut, CTO, DexMach
"Azure Arc's clear focus on standardization, interoperability, and compliance allows both us and our customers to gain insights and better management capabilities using the central Azure control plane."
Gain central visibility, operations, and compliance
- Centrally manage a wide range of resources including Windows and Linux servers, SQL server, Kubernetes clusters, and Azure services.
- Establish central visibility in the Azure portal and enable multi-environment search with Azure Resource Graph.
- Meet governance and compliance standards for apps, infrastructure, and data with Azure Policy.
- Delegate access and manage security policies for resources using role-based access control (RBAC) and Azure Lighthouse.
- Organize and inventory assets through a variety of Azure scopes, such as management groups, subscriptions, resource groups, and tags.
- Learn more about hybrid and multicloud management in the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure.
Build cloud-native apps anywhere, at scale
- Bring DevOps practices anywhere and build iteratively.
- Reduce errors with consistent policy-driven app deployment and cluster operations at scale from source control and templates.
- Write to the same application service APIs that can run consistently on premises, across multiple clouds, and in edge environments using Kubernetes.
- Save time and reduce admin tasks by using purpose-built Azure data and application services in your architecture.
Run Azure services anywhere
- Deploy Azure Arc–enabled Azure SQL (generally available) and PostgreSQL Hyperscale (preview) on any Kubernetes distribution and on any cloud.
- Work faster with Azure turnkey application services such as Web Apps, Functions, and Logic Apps across clouds, datacenters, and at the edge.
- Get started in minutes with one-click deployment of the managed machine learning add-on, and train models on any Kubernetes cluster with Azure Machine Learning.
- Take advantage of elastic scale, consistent management, and cloud-style billing models.
Azure Arc use cases
Control sprawling IT assets
Easily organize, govern, and secure Windows and Linux servers, SQL Server, and Kubernetes clusters across datacenters, the edge, and multicloud environments. Use Azure tools like Azure Policy and Azure Resource Graph with both traditional and cloud workloads.
Ensure consistent deployments and configuration
Deploy and manage Kubernetes applications with GitHub and Azure Policy. Ensure that applications and clusters are consistently deployed and configured at scale from source control.
Meet regulatory and data sovereignty requirements
Automate and enforce policies to meet data governance and security requirements, and manage costs efficiently. Get the latest cloud innovation and automation, elastic scale, and unified management for data workloads that are running across hybrid infrastructure.
Built-in Azure security and compliance anywhere
Microsoft invests more than USD 1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Azure has more certifications than any other cloud provider. View the comprehensive list.
Azure Arc pricing
Azure Arc is offered at no additional cost when managing Azure Arc–enabled servers and Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes. Add-on Azure management services are charged for Azure Arc–enabled servers and Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes. Azure Arc–enabled SQL Managed Instance is in general availability; additional data and application services are in preview and currently offered at no additional cost. See the Azure Arc pricing page for details.
Azure Arc–enabled infrastructure
- Works for both Linux and Windows
- Works with virtual machines (VMs), bare-metal servers, and other clouds
- Domain-agnostic—works across multiple domains at the same time
- Searchable inventory at scale
- Same server management experience across environments
- Consistent VM Extensions for agent management
Governance and security
- Built-in Azure policies for servers
- Server security baselines
- Ability to view and search for noncompliant servers across environments
- Advanced data security
Role-based access control
- Central IT–based, at-scale operations
- Management by workload owner, based on access privileges
- Integrated with Azure Lighthouse for managed service providers
- Container platform of your choice
- Out-of-the-box support for most CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation)–certified Kubernetes
- Use across dev, test, and production Kubernetes clusters in your environment
- Inventory, organize, and tag Kubernetes clusters
- Deploy apps and configuration as code using GitOps
- Monitor and Manage at scale with policy-based deployment
Governance and security
- Built-in Kubernetes Gatekeeper policies
- Apply consistent security configuration at scale
- Consistent cluster extensions for Azure monitoring, governance, security services, and more
Role-based access control
- Central IT-based at-scale operations
- Management by workload owner based on access privileges
Azure hybrid by design
Extend your datacenter to the cloud and manage Azure Stack HCI hosts, VMs, and Azure resources side by side in the Azure portal.
Enterprise scale and great price-performance
Modernize your infrastructure of aging servers and storage, consolidate virtualized workloads, and gain cloud efficiencies on premises.
Familiar management and operations
Simplify your operations by using an easy-to-manage solution that works with your environment and popular external solutions.
Select the deployment scenario that's best for your environment, such as an appliance-like experience, a validated node solution from one of more than 20 hardware partners, or repurposed hardware.
Azure consistent Kubernetes
Deploy and manage containerized apps with consistent Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) on Azure Stack HCI. Build and run new or modernize existing Windows apps where you need them with built-in security and familiar tools.
Azure Arc–enabled services
Azure App Service
Quickly build, deploy, and manage web apps and APIs in any environment
Build event-driven apps with built-in bindings and deploy the same code anywhere
Azure Logic Apps
Connect apps, data, and devices anywhere
Azure API Management
Manage APIs across all environments
Azure Event Grid
Manage routing of all events from any source to any destination
Run Azure data services on-premises, at the edge, and in multicloud environments using Kubernetes on the infrastructure of your choice. Get the latest Azure innovations, elastic scale, and unified management for data workloads with or without direct cloud connection.
Azure Arc–enabled Azure SQL is generally available.
Azure Arc-enabled PostgreSQL is in preview.
Automated updates and evergreen SQL
Built in HA/DR and automation at scale
Scale up, scale out Hyperscale Postgres
Single pane of glass management and consistent workflows
Get started in minutes
Experience one-click deployment of the managed machine learning add-on
Run on any Kubernetes cluster
Train machine learning models and get reliability with service-level objectives
Use machine learning notebooks and get built-in support for open-source frameworks
Responsible machine learning innovation
Build solutions using interpretability and fairness capabilities
Maintain audit trails, track lineage, and manage quota for machine learning
Azure Arc resources
Azure Arc updates, blogs, and announcements
Frequently asked questions about Azure Arc
Azure Arc is a software solution that enables you to project your on-premises and multicloud resources, such as virtual or physical servers and Kubernetes clusters, into Azure Resource Manager. With Azure Arc’s hybrid and multicloud solutions you manage your resources as if they’re running in Azure, using a single pane of glass to manage your entire data estate. Azure Stack is a hardware solution that enables you to run an Azure environment on premises.
Read the documentation and how-to guides.
See a list of specialized partners.
See a list of supported Kubernetes distributions.
Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes delivers configuration management and application deployment from Azure using GitOps. Take a tutorial.