Extend Azure management and services anywhere
Accelerate innovation across hybrid and multicloud environments
Azure Arc offers simplified management, faster app development, and consistent Azure services. Standardize visibility, operations, and compliance across a wide range of resources and locations by extending the Azure control plane. Build cloud-native apps anywhere, at scale. Code and ship applications from Azure to any Kubernetes distributions in any location. Get Azure innovation and cloud benefits by deploying Azure data services on any infrastructure, and securely build and train machine learning models anywhere.
See what customers are doing with Azure Arc
Calvin Karundu, Software Engineer, Africa’s Talking
"With Azure Arc, we can help our customers grow and expand across the continent, creating more jobs and economic opportunities along the way."
Thomas Gossler, Chief Architect for Teamplay at Siemens Healthineers
"Azure Arc is the key technology we use to deliver software as a service to the edge within our customers' local on-premises networks."
Aram Lauxtermann, Director of Cloud, KPMG
"With Azure Arc we are able to distribute solutions and workloads across multiple clouds and datacenters to support our clients that would have otherwise been bound to a datacenter."
Kristina Melo, SQL Database Administrator at Ferguson Enterprises
"Using Azure Arc enabled data services, I'm able to deploy multiple databases with the same exact configuration versus having a bunch of different sizes and flavors out there."
Mike DeLuca, Global Lead for Hybrid, Avanade
"Azure is already trusted and proven by our customers. Azure Arc uses the same APIs and the same control plane as Azure, providing consistency across the hybrid infrastructure, which increases productivity and reduces risk."
Stijn Callebaut, CTO, DexMach
"Azure Arc's clear focus on standardization, interoperability and compliance allows both us and our customers to gain insights and better management capabilities using the central Azure control plane."
Gain central visibility, operations, and compliance
- Centrally manage a wide range of resources including Windows and Linux servers, SQL server, Kubernetes clusters, and Azure services.
- Establish central visibility in the Azure portal and enable multi-environment search with Azure Resource Graph.
- Meet governance and compliance standards for apps, infrastructure, and data with Azure Policy.
- Delegate access and manage security policies for resources using role-based access control (RBAC) and Azure Lighthouse.
- Organize and inventory assets through a variety of Azure scopes, such as management groups, subscriptions, resource groups, and tags.
Build cloud-native apps anywhere, at scale
- Bring modern cloud native development techniques anywhere to build iteratively on your choice of any certified Kubernetes distribution.
- Deploy and configure applications and Kubernetes clusters consistently and at scale from source control and templates.
- Reduce errors with consistent policy-driven deployment and operations.
- Centrally manage and delegate access for DevOps roles and responsibilities through Azure RBAC.
- Bring your familiar tools, development environments, and skills to wherever your application runs.
Run Azure services anywhere
- Deploy Azure Arc–enabled SQL Managed Instance and Azure Arc–enabled PostgreSQL Hyperscale on any Kubernetes distribution.
- Get started in minutes with one click-deployment of the managed machine learning add-on and train models on any Kubernetes cluster with Azure Machine Learning.
- Elastically scale based on capacity, with the ability to deploy in seconds.
- Maximize availability and minimize downtime through automatic updates and patching.
- Support connected, intermittently connected, and disconnected use cases for frictionless development.
Azure Arc use cases
Control sprawling IT assets
Easily organize, govern, and secure Windows and Linux servers, SQL Server, and Kubernetes clusters across datacenters, edge, and multicloud environments. Use Azure native tools like Azure Policy and Azure Resource Graph with both traditional and cloud workloads.
Ensure consistent deployments and configuration
Deploy and manage Kubernetes applications with GitHub and Azure Policy. Ensure that applications and clusters are consistently deployed and configured at scale from source control.
Meet regulatory and data sovereignty requirements
Automate and enforce policies to meet data governance and security requirements and manage costs efficiently. Get the latest cloud innovation and automation, elastic scale, and unified management for data workloads that are running across hybrid infrastructure.
Built-in Azure security and compliance anywhere
Microsoft invests more than USD 1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Azure has more certifications than any other cloud provider. View the comprehensive list.
Azure Arc pricing
Azure Arc is offered at no additional cost when managing Azure Arc–enabled servers and Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes. Add-on Azure management services are charged for Azure Arc–enabled servers and Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes. Azure Arc–enabled data services is in preview and offered at no additional cost at this time. Please see the Azure Arc pricing page for service-by-service pricing details.
- Works for both Linux and Windows
- Works with virtual machines (VMs), bare-metal servers, and other clouds
- Domain-agnostic—works across multiple domains at the same time
- Searchable inventory at scale
- Same server management experience across environments
- Consistent VM Extensions for agent management
Governance and security
- Built-in Azure policies for servers
- Server security baselines
- Ability to view and search for noncompliant servers across environments
- Advanced data security
Role-based access control
- Central IT–based, at-scale operations
- Management by workload owner, based on access privileges
- Integrated with Azure Lighthouse for managed service providers (MSPs)
- Container platform of your choice with out-of-the-box support for most CNCF (Cloud Native Computing Foundation)–certified Kubernetes
- Use across Dev, Test and Production Kubernetes clusters in your environment
- Inventory, organize and tag Kubernetes clusters
- Deploy apps and configuration as code using GitOps
- Monitor and Manage at scale with policy-based deployment
Governance and security
- Built in Kubernetes Gatekeeper policies
- Apply consistent security configuration at scale
- Consistent cluster extensions for Monitor, Policy, Security, and other agents
Role-based access control
- Central IT based at-scale operations
- Management by workload owner based on access privileges
- Unmatched flexibility across VMs and bare-metal servers
- SQL Server capabilities across on-premises and multicloud scenarios
- Searchable global inventory of SQL servers
- Free ongoing SQL assessment
Governance and security
- Ability to drive governance standards across infrastructures with Azure Policy
- Advanced data security to protect your SQL footprint
Azure Arc resources
Azure Arc updates, blogs, and announcements
Frequently asked questions about Azure Arc
Azure Arc is a software solution that enables you to project your on-premises and multicloud resources, such as virtual or physical servers and Kubernetes clusters, into Azure Resource Manager. This enables you to manage your resources as if they’re running in Azure, using a single pane of glass to manage your entire data estate.
Azure Stack is a hardware solution that enables you to run an Azure environment on-premises.
Azure Arc is offered at no additional cost when managing Azure Arc enabled servers and Kubernetes. Add-on services are charged according to their respective pricing in Azure.
Azure Arc enabled data services are in preview and offered at no additional cost at this time.
Read our documentation and get started with how-to guides.
The Azure Arc roadmap includes connecting additional infrastructure resources, like servers and Kubernetes clusters, and bringing additional Azure services to on-premises Kubernetes environments. We’ll publish new capabilities as they become available.
See a list of specialized partners.
See a list of supported Kubernetes distributions.
Azure Arc–enabled Kubernetes delivers configuration management and application deployment from Azure using GitOps. Learn more.