- Deploy and configure SQL Server 2017 on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux virtual machine (VM) in Azure.
- Join a Red Hat Enterprise Linux VM to an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) domain.
- Set up a database for hybrid transactional/analytics processing (HTAP) and operational analytics by using columnstore indexes.
- Connect a database to Power BI and import existing reports.
- Manage high availability, monitor performance, and plan for disaster recovery for Linux VMs.
Microsoft SQL Server 2017 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux in Azure VMs Operations Guide
Boost your operational database performance by migrating to the first release of Microsoft SQL Server available on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This operations guide features in-depth technical instructions on how to do things like run transactional and analytics workloads on the same system efficiently and respond to real-time updates. It also provides guidance on how to: