E-books on the cloud and Azure
Deepen your understanding of cloud computing with these resources for business leaders and technical professionals.
See how four real-world companies used their data to make timely, informed business decisions that boosted operational efficiency, improved fraud detection, predicted necessary maintenance, and drove customer satisfaction.
Begin creating powerful, intelligent apps in the cloud using AI. Learn to build a conversational virtual assistant that understands language, perceives vast amounts of information, and responds intelligently.
Find out how five leading organizations improved online customer experiences by migrating their on-premises web apps and databases to Azure. Plus, learn how to quickly begin moving your own apps to Azure.
Showing 1 - 10 of 150 results
This e-book will guide you through the FinOps principles to highlight Microsoft solutions that can support the cloud journey and help your organization to maximize the cloud business value.
Looking for a reliable solution to prevent inappropriate content from appearing on your platforms? Look no further than Azure AI Content Safety. Learn how our state-of-the-art AI technology can detect and evaluate harmful content, and about Microsoft's responsible AI principles. Download our comprehensive eBook to discover how Azure AI Content Safety is benefitting organizations like yours.
Demand for business applications rises every day and developers try to keep up. If you ever feel stuck doing repetitive tasks, with no time for creative ideas, you’re not alone. Low-code tools help you use your best skills and deliver solutions faster.
Dive into the e-book, Exploring the Possibilities of Low Code: How Pro Developers Can Cook Up Innovation, for ingredients to create business apps with speed and elegance—to beat deadlines and free up time for you to focus on things you do best. This recipe-style guide takes you into the code kitchen to explore:
- Scenarios and design-thinking exercises that help you imagine what you could create with Microsoft Power Apps.
- Integration with more than 325 prebuilt connectors for Microsoft and other services, including GitHub.
- Simplified database management with Azure SQL and an API-first approach to securely scale line of business apps.
Learn how to accelerate foundational app development with The Developer’s 7-Step Guide to Low-Code App Development. Explore using pre-built connectors and custom APIs in Microsoft Power Apps to integrate cloud-based and on-premises data and add powerful in-app intelligence in real-time.
Learn these 7 steps to start using Power Apps:
- Define data for your app
- Design the interface
- Apply business logic
- Use data visualizations
- Add reporting
- Validate and publish
- Share your app with your colleagues
Ensure that your company’s digital transformation yields the greatest gains in productivity, flexibility, and cost savings. Read this Frost & Sullivan white paper for best practices—and find out how other organizations are maximizing their returns when moving their SAP investments to Azure.
You’ll learn how to:
- Stay agile, competitive, and innovative in an ever-changing marketplace.
- Enable secure collaboration and data access in real time, no matter where your employees work.
- Extract more meaningful insights from customer data using advanced analytics, AI, and machine learning.
- Empower IT to create robust solutions that boost efficiency and drive business growth.
- Reduce your environmental footprint by minimizing physical IT assets and migrating enterprise workloads—including SAP HANA—to the cloud.
Invest in App Innovation to Stay Ahead of the Curve—Increase business agility and reduce technical debt through app innovation
Get tips and techniques to create new business value with app innovation—the transformation of your organization’s systems, processes, products, and customer experiences. Read Invest in App Innovation to Stay Ahead of the Curve to explore:
- Lessons learned from Microsoft customers that have worked on digital transformation projects.
- Maximizing investments in system and app development, management, and maintenance to focus on critical challenges.
- Key digital transformation topics, such as approaches to common app innovation challenges like limited agility and high technical debt.
Get the white paper, The Culture of Data Leaders, to explore findings from a Keystone Strategy survey of over 150 companies—including manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, retail, and software organizations. Learn how these organizations used data and technology to enable digital transformations that helped them achieve better revenue and better growth performance.
See the strategies that these companies used successfully and get insights on how to:
- Help everyone at your organization adopt a learning mindset.
- Use faster data insights to position your organization ahead of competitors.
- Build a data-driven culture that gives your organization a competitive edge.
Learn how to select and manage AI projects for business success—no engineering background or AI knowledge required. Whether you’re a business leader tasked to deliver results with AI or a data scientist who is business or leadership focused, read Succeeding with AI: How to Make AI Work for Your Business to learn how to bring AI to your organization.
Read the e-book to:
- Explore the business applications of AI methods.
- Discover the critical versus nice-to-have elements of a successful AI project.
- Learn how to facilitate conversations between people with technical and business backgrounds.
Migrate and modernize your data estate to lower your total cost of ownership, achieve productivity gains, and accelerate time to market with faster app development cycles. Learn more about the Azure SQL family of services—and find out how to save on costs, achieve flexibility at scale, and meet peaks in demand with an end-to-end solution.
Explore these independent research reports to compare costs and workloads and see why Azure SQL is a market leader.
Azure SQL Managed Instance leads in price-performance for mission-critical workloads
Find out how Azure SQL Managed Instance outperformed Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) in testing done by Principled Technologies. Read the full report for details on how Azure SQL Managed Instance offers up to five times faster performance at a 93 percent lower cost when compared to SQL Server on AWS RDS.1
SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines leads SQL Server on Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)
Explore this report from GigaOm and see why SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines came out on top in overall speed and price-performance when compared to SQL Server on Amazon EC2. Read how SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines meets mission-critical requirements up to 42 percent faster and costs up to 31 percent less than SQL Server on AWS EC2.2
For a full breakdown of the benefits and economic value of migrating your on-premises SQL server to Azure SQL, download the infographic, The Economic Value of Azure SQL.
1Price-performance claims based on data from a study commissioned by Microsoft and conducted by Principled Technologies in April 2022. The study compared performance and price performance between a 16 vCore, 64 vCore and 80 vCore Azure SQL Managed Instance using premium-series hardware on the business-critical service tier and the db.m6i.32xlarge, db.r5b.4xlarge and db.r5b.16xlarge offerings for Amazon Web Services Relational Database Service (AWS RDS) on SQL Server. Benchmark data is taken from a Principled Technologies report using recognized standards, HammerDB TPROC-C, HammerDB TPROC-H and Microsoft MSOLTPE, a workload derived from TPC-E. The MSOLTPE is derived from the TPC-E benchmark and as such is not comparable to published TPC-E results, as MSOLTPE results do not comply with the TPC-E Specification. The results are based on a mixture of read-only and update intensive transactions that simulate activities found in complex OLTP and analytics application environments. Price-performance is calculated by Principled Technologies as the cost of running the cloud platform continuously divided by transactions per minute or per second throughput, based upon the standard. Prices are based on publicly available US pricing in South Central US for Azure SQL Managed Instance and US East for AWS RDS as of April 2022 and incorporates Azure Hybrid Benefit for SQL Server, excluding Software Assurance and support costs. Performance and price-performance results are based upon the configurations detailed in the Principled Technologies report. Actual results and prices may vary based on configuration and region.
2Price-performance claims based on data from a study commissioned by Microsoft and conducted by GigaOm in April 2022. The study compared price performance between SQL Server 2019 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2022 in Azure E32bds_v5 instance type with P30 Premium SSD disks and SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition on Windows Server 2022 in Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud Compute instance type r5b.8xlarge with General Purpose (gp3) volumes. Benchmark data is taken from two tests:
- The GigaOm Transactional Field Test derived from a recognized industry standard, TPC Benchmark™ E (TPC-E). The Field Test does not implement the full TPC-E benchmark and as such is not comparable to any published TPC-E benchmarks.
- The GigaOm Analytics Field test derived from the TPC-H Benchmark. The field test does not implement the full TPC-H benchmark and as such is not comparable to any published TPC_H benchmarks.
Prices are based on publicly available US pricing in North Central US for SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines and Oregon for AWS EC2 as of April 2022. The pricing incorporates three-year reservations for Azure and AWS compute pricing, and Azure Hybrid Benefit for SQL Server and Windows Server, and License Mobility for SQL Server in AWS, excluding Software Assurance and support costs. Actual results and prices may vary based on configuration and region.
Get insights on how to realize cost savings and increase agility at your org from research and interviews with real Azure customers. Check out The Total Economic Impact of Microsoft Azure PaaS in this 2022 commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting to learn how these customers:
- Use the fully managed Azure App Service to keep their developers focused on innovation rather than maintaining infrastructure.
- Simplify operations with automatic platform maintenance and security patching.
- Take advantage of the reliability, high availability, and security of their apps through high uptime and global scalability.