What will be the VAT rate charged for Azure purchases in the EU?
- If the customer is located in France, UK or Germany and signed his VL contract with Azure locally i.e. not with Microsoft Ireland Operations, then local VAT depending on country where customer is located, will be applied.
- If the customer is located in Ireland and doesn't hold a VAT exemption certificate, Irish VAT at the current rate of 23% will be applied to all invoices. VAT exempt Irish customers will be invoiced at 0% Irish VAT on receipt by Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited of a valid customer VAT exemption certificate.
- If the customer is located outside Ireland, but within the EU and is VAT registered, 0% Irish VAT will be applied under the reverse charge procedure, but only on receipt of the customer’s valid, local VAT number during the purchase process.
- If the customer is located outside Ireland, but within the EU and is not VAT registered, or is VAT registered but doesn't provide Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited with a valid VAT number during the purchase process, then the local VAT rate will be applied.
- If the customer is located outside the EU (except Switzerland and Liechtenstein), 0% Irish VAT will be applied.
- If the customer is located in Switzerland or Liechtenstein, Swiss VAT at the current rate of 8% will be applied.
- If no VAT number is provided during the purchase process, VAT will be charged as set out above and will appear on each invoice as appropriate. To amend and get a VAT ID added, contact customer support
- Note—Any Irish or Swiss VAT applied may be recoverable from the appropriate tax authority, subject to conditions. Please contact your tax adviser, if required.
Related questions and answers
Azure Marketplace is designed for IT professionals and cloud developers interested in commercial and IT software in infrastructure, developer tools, virtual machine images, and APIs.
Publishers based in the following countries can currently sell in the Azure Marketplace: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo (DRC), Costa Rica, Cote D'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (South), Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Netherlands, The, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
Azure Marketplace is a launchpad for joint Go-To-Market activities with Microsoft and the doorway to a Co-sell Ready partnership opportunity. All new listings in Azure Marketplace are automatically offered a set of no cost Go-To-Market benefits to help drive awareness of your offer to our customer ecosystem. The GTM benefits deliver a variety of co-marketing and co-sell activities designed to leverage our brand, channels and ecosystem to help partners drive awareness for their solution and generate sales. No action is required by partner. As soon as an offer is published, our GTM team will reach out to the partner to begin delivery.
For more information on our GTM benefits and ways to grow your business in marketplace please visit here.