How do I optimize around billing charges?
There are several ways to optimize your Azure applications:
- Deploy two or more instances to qualify for the SLA.
- Allocate a compute instance of the right size as per the application's requirements.
- Make use of our free inbound data transfers to upload data to Azure.
- Allocate compute and storage in the same region. All data transfers within a region are free.
- Use Content Distribution Network (CDN) to reduce cost and improve performance.
- Delete your test application immediately after your test concludes. Azure staging environment is not free. Whenever an application is deployed (even in staging), you will get charged. You can also deploy the application locally using the Azure SDK until you are comfortable deploying to the Azure cloud.
- Allocate the right sized SQL Database based on your needs.
- Check out Getting started with Azure cost management.
Related questions and answers
A temporary disk is storage that’s attached directly to the deployed VM. Data on a temporary disk is lost once the VM is shut down. If you need persistent storage, there are a number of types and sizes of persistent data disks available that are charged separately. Please see storage pricing for information. For persistent VM storage, we recommend that you use Managed Disks to take advantage of better management features, scalability, availability, and security.
For 12 months after you upgrade your subscription, certain amounts of popular products such as compute, networking, storage, and databases are free. After 12 months, any of these products you may be using will continue to run, and you’ll be billed at the standard pay-as-you-go rates.
You need to provide a phone number and your academic organization’s email address (for example, your_name@your_school.edu) to sign up for an Azure for Students subscription.
The premium tier of Service Bus messaging is a flat daily rate per messaging unit purchased. Namespaces created as premium can have 1, 2, or 4 messaging units which will each accrue the given number of messaging unit daily rate charges. Premium namespaces can have the number of purchased messaging units changed at any time, but the daily rate is based on the maximum number of message units assigned to the namespace at any time.
Visit the Azure Marketplace web-based storefront and browse through the wide range of quality enterprise applications and solutions that are certified and optimized to run on Azure. Azure Marketplace can also be accessed through Azure Management Portal under ‘Create a Resource’. Click here to learn more.
Active devices for a given mobile service are uniquely identified by their installation ID. For a physical device, the installation ID is typically persistent unless the app is uninstalled by the user. For device emulators, the emulator implementation controls whether the same or a new installation ID is reported each time the application is launched.