How do I activate the Azure Hybrid Benefit?
If you are an Azure user, then you can activate your Hybrid Benefit using the following options
- You can deploy Windows Server virtual machines pre-configured with the Azure Hybrid Benefit straight from the Azure Portal for Windows Server 2016 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 Datacenter, Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. You can also go to the Azure Marketplace and select Get it now
- You can upload a custom virtual machine.
- You can migrate existing workloads with Azure Site Recovery (free for first 31 days).
Related questions and answers
Managed Instance is billed on a predictable, hourly rate based on the service tier, provisioned compute in vCores, provisioned storage and backup in GB per month. Backup storage up to 100 percent of your total database storage is included; beyond this, you’ll be billed in GB per month.
Managed Instance allows for scaling compute and storage independently. Customers pay for compute measured in vCores, storage and backup measured in gigabytes (GB).
Managed Instance has two price options:
- License included: Excludes Azure Hybrid Benefit for SQL Server . This option is for customers who choose not to apply their existing SQL Server licenses with Software Assurance to Managed Instance.
- Base rate: Reduced price that includes Azure Hybrid Benefit for SQL Server. Customers can opt into this price by using their SQL Server licenses with Software Assurance.
Enterprise Agreement (EA)customers can purchase Azure Standard and ProDirect technical support through their reseller or Microsoft sales representative. Developer support is not available through an EA. For customers interested in Unified or Premier Support, please work with a Microsoft sales representative.
Currently the virtual machines offered under the three promos will be available for on-demand deployment till October 31st, 2020. The promo virtual machines deployed before that will continue to run. However, these virtual machines will not be available for new deployments after the promo end date.
To convert an existing V4 bot a skill, please visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/bot-service/skill-implement-skill?view=azure-bot-service-4.0&tabs=cs
You get easy access to Azure Support by going online to the Azure portal and submitting a support request. Access to subscription management and billing support is included with your Microsoft Azure subscription, and technical support is provided through one of the Azure Support Plans. For step-by-step guidance for the Azure portal, see How to create an Azure support request. Alternatively, you can create and manage your support tickets programmatically using the Azure Support ticket REST API.