Azure DevTest Labs
Quickly create environments using reusable templates and artifacts.
Use DevTest Labs for free*
Quickly provision development and test environments
Minimize waste with quotas and policies
Set automated shutdowns to minimize costs
Build Windows and Linux environments
*Azure DevTest Labs is a free service. However, you will be charged for other Azure resources that are created in DevTest Labs. For example, you will be charged for the virtual machines that are created in DevTest Labs per our virtual machine pricing.
Self-service cost control
Provide self-service cloud environments without the worry. Lab policies and thresholds help to effortlessly minimize costs.
Quick custom templates
Set up your virtual machine with your dev tools and your latest build in a few clicks, and share reusable templates across your team.
Works with your CI/CD tools
Create environments directly from your continuous integration (CI) tools using our plug-ins, REST API, or Visual Studio Team Services extension.
Simplify cost management
- Set lab policies to automatically shut down and start up virtual machines.
- Set caps on your lab, such as the number of virtual machines per user and per lab.
- Use the lab cost trend to estimate your spending and set a threshold.
Quickly set up environments
- Use custom images to quickly reproduce your environment.
- Install your latest bits and dev tools on your machine through artifacts.
- Create formulas to easily modify an environment's configuration at any time.
Integrate with your existing toolchain
- Use our REST API to provision dev-test environments directly from your continuous integration (CI) tools.
- Quickly deploy from your release pipeline using our Team Services tasks extension.
- Use our command line tool to automate your virtual machine set up and clean up.
Tailor to your scenario
- Centrally manage development environments across your team or organization.
- Conduct compatibility and automated testing with reusable environment templates.
- Provide virtual machines for hackathons that automatically expire after the event.
- Use the service for different scenarios to suit your needs.
Comprehensive security and compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than $1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Azure DevTest Labs pricing
Visual Studio subscribers can save up to 75% on Azure to support your ongoing development and testing.
Get started with an Azure free account
After your credit, move to pay as you go to keep building with the same free services. Pay only if you use more than your free monthly amounts.