Windows Server on Azure
Discover the trusted cloud for Windows Server
Get more from your workloads in the cloud
Take advantage of unmatched security, seamless hybrid operations, and cost savings when you run Windows Server workloads on Azure. Microsoft Azure is built on a foundation of trust with an uncompromising commitment to privacy and unmatched security.
Join the startups, governments, and Fortune 500 customers who run Windows Server on Azure.
Reduce costs with unbeatable offers
See how your cost savings will add up with Azure:
- Save up to 80 percent by reusing your existing on-premises Windows Server licenses on the cloud and by reserving your resources in advance.
- Get three years of free security updates for Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2 when you migrate to Azure.
- Compare Azure vs. AWS and see how AWS is 5 times more expensive than Azure for Windows Server.
Help protect workloads with unmatched security
Get unified, powerful threat protection for your on-premises and cloud workloads. With the platform-level security and governance features of Azure Security Center, you get the support of:
- More than 3,500 cybersecurity professionals.
- USD1 billion in annual security investment.
- 8 trillion threat signals analyzed daily.
Improve efficiency with seamless hybrid operations
Operate seamlessly across your on-premises datacenter and the cloud with Azure, the only cloud with end-to-end hybrid infrastructure and consistent security, identity, and management feature. Get built-in hybrid capabilities to:
- Take advantage of backup and disaster recovery when you connect your on-prem servers to Azure using Windows Admin Center.
- Set up a single identity to support your hybrid strategy with Azure Active Directory, used by 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies.
- Simplify, organize, and govern across your on-premises, multicloud, and edge environments with Azure Arc.
Run your mission-critical workloads on a trusted cloud infrastructure
Estimate the cost savings of migrating your Windows workloads to Azure
Use this calculator to compare the total cost of ownership (TCO) of running Windows Server on Azure versus on-premises.
Join customers who are transforming their businesses with Windows Server on Azure
Ralph Feltis, Senior Software Engineer, Alaska Airlines
"With Azure, we scale when needed and avoid huge overprovisioning costs."
Ashish Modi, Senior Software Developer, Allscripts
"Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin has really given us the ability to enforce a common UI look and feel for apps throughout the corporation—something that seems small but is very important."
Tencent delivers seamless, play-as-you-go updates to gamers by working with Microsoft Server Fabric to take advantage of modern microservices architecture.
Jeff Thomas, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Sentara Healthcare
"Even as technology changes rapidly, we can respond and deploy what the organization needs thanks to the agility we gained with Azure, which leads to better clinical outcomes and more patient-first services."
Accelerate your Windows Server migration with experienced partners
Get started with an Azure free account
Try Windows Server on Azure and get more than 25 always-free services—plus a $200 credit to explore Azure for 30 days.
Contact an Azure sales specialist
Get answers to questions about your unique scenario by talking to an Azure sales specialist.