Quickly implement a high-performance, globally available and lower-cost secure cloud data warehouse. Azure SQL Data Warehouse lets you independently scale compute and storage, while pausing and resuming your data warehouse within minutes through a massively parallel processing architecture designed for the cloud. Seamlessly create your hub for analytics along with native connectivity with data integration and visualisation services, all while using your existing SQL and BI skills.
With SQL Data Warehouse, companies can improve data analytics and reduce associated costs. It offers guaranteed 99.9 percent availability, regulatory compliance, built-in advanced security features and data sovereignty across more than 30 regions so you can build a data warehouse that meets your business needs and helps you reduce costs. SQL Data Warehouse adapts to your workload. It uses intelligent caching to accelerate data access and query performance to handle the most demanding data warehousing workload.
A new update to SQL Data Warehouse is now available. It brings lightning-fast performance made possible by software breakthroughs and by using the latest hardware innovations in Azure data centers. SQL Data Warehouse customers can now expect significant query performance improvements, including the ability to run 128 concurrent queries and to store an unlimited amount of columnar data, empowering you to run your largest and most complex analytics workloads.
Customers using Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Trusted partner network
Accelerate your time to value with a cloud data warehouse backed by our trusted partner ecosystem.
Get started with Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Learn common patterns of SQL Data Warehouse, understand successful loading patterns and strategies and see how to migrate data to Azure SQL Data Warehouse. If you need workload isolation or unlimited concurrency for serving your customers or suppliers in data, see common partner application patterns.
Unleash the power of data with 128 concurrent queries and scale to unlimited queries with Azure Analysis Services integration.
Process any kind of data
Coupled with Azure Databricks and Azure HDInsight, easily connect and integrate your curated data into your data warehouse with PolyBase, giving you rapid intake from multiple data sources using the same query tooling experience.
Provision thousands of compute cores in under five minutes and scale to petabyte in hours.
Truly elastic by design
Independently and elastically scale compute and storage to adjust to your unique business needs.
Built-in features include Virtual Network service endpoints, advanced threat detection, always-on encryption, audit and simplified secure access through Azure Active Directory.
Fully managed infrastructure
Automatically provision infrastructure, optimisation and more, so that you can focus on driving value from your data.
Integration with leading data integration and visualization vendors and support from a large system integrator ecosystem to accelerate your time to value.
Protect and secure your data with more than 20 government and industry certifications, including HIPPA, to protect your data and keep it sovereign.
What can you build with Azure SQL Data Warehouse?
Modern data warehouse
A modern data warehouse lets you bring together all your data at any scale easily and to get insights through analytical dashboards, operational reports or advanced analytics for all your users.
- 1 Combine all your structured, unstructured and semi-structured data (logs, files and media) using Azure Data Factory to Azure Blob Storage.
- 2 Leverage data in Azure Blob Storage to perform scalable analytics with Azure Databricks and achieve cleansed and transformed data.
- 3 Cleansed and transformed data can be moved to Azure SQL Data Warehouse to combine with existing structured data, creating one hub for all your data. Leverage native connectors between Azure Databricks and Azure SQL Data Warehouse to access and move data at scale.
- 4 Build operational reports and analytical dashboards on top of Azure Data Warehouse to derive insights from the data and use Azure Analysis Services to serve thousands of end users.
- 5 Run ad hoc queries directly on data within Azure Databricks.
Advanced analytics on big data
Transform your data into actionable insights using the best-in-class machine learning tools. This architecture allows you to combine any data at any scale and to build and deploy custom machine learning models at scale.
- 1 Bring together all your structured, unstructured and semi-structured data (logs, files and media) using Azure Data Factory to Azure Blob Storage.
- 2 Use Azure Databricks to clean and transform the structureless datasets and combine them with structured data from operational databases or data warehouses.
- 3 Use scalable machine learning/deep learning techniques, to derive deeper insights from this data using Python, R or Scala, with inbuilt notebook experiences in Azure Databricks.
- 4 Leverage native connectors between Azure Databricks and Azure SQL Data Warehouse to access and move data at scale.
- 5 Power users take advantage of the inbuilt capabilities of Azure Databricks to perform root cause determination and raw data analysis.
- 6 Run ad hoc queries directly on data within Azure Databricks.
- 7 Take the insights from Azure Databricks to Cosmos DB to make them accessible through web and mobile apps.
Get insights from live streaming data with ease. Capture data continuously from any IoT device or logs from website clickstreams and process it in near-real time.
- 1 Easily ingest live streaming data for an application using Apache Kafka cluster in Azure HDInsight.
- 2 Bring together all your structured data using Azure Data Factory to Azure Blob Storage.
- 3 Take advantage of Azure Databricks to clean, transform and analyze the streaming data and combine it with structured data from operational databases or data warehouses.
- 4 Use scalable machine learning/deep learning techniques, to derive deeper insights from this data using Python, R or Scala, with inbuilt notebook experiences in Azure Databricks.
- 5 Leverage native connectors between Azure Databricks and Azure SQL Data Warehouse to access and move data at scale.
- 6 Build analytical dashboards and embedded reports on top of Azure Data Warehouse to share insights within your organization and use Azure Analysis Services to serve this data to thousands of users.
- 7 Power users take advantage of the inbuilt capabilities of Azure Databricks and Azure HDInsight to perform root cause determination and raw data analysis.
- 8 Take the insights from Azure Databricks to Cosmos DB to make them accessible through real time apps.
Hub and Spoke Architecture for BI
Use the hub and spoke architecture to achieve the scale you want, at the price and performance level you decide. This architecture also provides resource isolation and advanced security features.
Auto-scaling Cloud Data Warehouse
With Azure Functions, you can take full advantage of the elasticity of Azure SQL Data Warehouse and optimise your cost by auto-scaling.
On-premises Data Warehouse appliance migration
Unleash the power of cloud on your data. Migrate your traditional data warehouse workloads to Azure SQL Data Warehouse while maintaining legacy application and enable new use cases by bringing in unstructured data.
Data Mart consolidation
Bring together multiple databases into an enterprise data warehouse to break data silos and make the right insights accessible across your organization.
Related products and services