SUSE on Azure
Run your mission-critical workloads on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, get high-performance computing for specialised workloads, and high availability for SAP
Discover why so many customers run SUSE Linux on Azure
For over ten years, SUSE and Microsoft have been working together to provide unique, co-developed, Azure-optimised solutions for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, including:
- Faster boot speeds and smaller memory footprints with the Microsoft Azure-tuned SUSE Linux Enterprise Server kernel.
- Specialised options for SAP Large Instances, high-performance and GPU workloads.
- Flexible pricing options, including on-demand, enterprise and pre-paid pricing for certain SKUs.
- 24x7 Linux support from SUSE—and co-located Microsoft and SUSE support for enterprise applications.
- World-class security and compliance with Azure Security Center.
- Application performance monitoring and optimisation tools with Azure Monitor.
- Unified system and identity management with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
Achieve more with SUSE on Azure
Control your costs with flexible pricing
Save money by choosing from on-demand and pay-as-you-go pricing options based on your workload needs. Save even more by pre-paying for Azure with one- or three-year terms through Azure Reservations for SUSE Linux*.
Get no-hassle, unified global support
Get the flexibility and support you need for your hybrid cloud environment with certified workloads, unified system management, 24x7 Linux support from SUSE and support for enterprise applications from Microsoft and SUSE. Even get support for your existing Microsoft Enterprise Agreements.
SUSE and Microsoft Strategic Alliance
Get seamless integration between SUSE and Microsoft Azure for all your mission-critical cloud applications services by taking advantage of SUSE Enterprise Linux for SAP, SUSE Enterprise Linux for HPC and the jointly developed Azure-optimised kernel. Build container apps with Kubernetes using the SUSE Cloud Application Platform, available from the Azure Marketplace.
Use pre-provisioned VMs or create your own
Provision and deploy your own SUSE Linux Enterprise Server VMs on Azure or choose pre-provisioned images from the Marketplace.
Customers are doing great things with SUSE on Azure
Accenture gets flawless, scalable SAP HANA performance with SUSE on Azure.
Daimler innovates faster by using SUSE Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and many other open-source tools on Azure DevTest Labs.
Mosaic uses Microsoft infrastructure as a service (IaaS) VMs to run a hybrid Windows-SUSE platform.
Alegri runs integrated development, quality assurance and production environments with SUSE optimised for SAP on Azure.
CONA Services supports Coca-Cola bottlers’ growth with massive SAP HANA migration to Azure
Carlsberg Group follows a recipe for success with Microsoft Azure, SAP and a cloud-first strategy
Get started today with SUSE on Azure
Choose the best option for you—even migrate your current SUSE subscription:
- Try before you buy: get started with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server on Azure with a free trial and a $200 credit to explore any Azure service for 30 days.
- Purchase SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP and SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for HPC through pay-as-you-go subscriptions through your Microsoft Enterprise Agreement or through a Microsoft distribution partner. Talk to your Microsoft representative for more information.
- If you already have a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server* subscription through the Azure Marketplace, convert your Azure subscription to one- or three-year Azure Reservations for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server with Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instances (RIs) for significant cost savings. Sign in to the Azure portal to learn more or purchase.
*Only available for specific SKUs.