Render with confidence
Render on a scalable, MPAA-certified, non-competing platform that’s trusted by 95 per cent of the Fortune 500. Customer data is stored in a locked-down environment within a private network.
Collaborate with global teams
Optimise productivity across remote teams on a high-speed, reliable and highly secure platform that has nearly unlimited HPC capacity and caching that hides storage latency.
Pay per use
Take advantage of pay-per-use licensing – ideal for studios with dynamic project-based workloads, allowing you to tailor compute services to your exact application and project requirements.
Explore Azure products for boosting rendering performance
Azure HPC Cache
- Manage spikes in render demand by instantly spinning thousands of virtual machines without moving data
- Simplify workflows with a single point of high-performance storage
- Extend your on-premises rendering environment with low-latency, cost-effective file caching
Azure Virtual Machines (VMs) scale sets
- Scale to thousands of cores
- Use SPOT and OS ephemeral disks to reduce rendering costs
- Run CPU-based rendering on AMD EPYC-powered HB-series VMs featuring up to 260 GB/s of memory bandwidth
- Run intensive applications on a variety of VMs to meet your needs, including GPU-powered Azure NV-series VMs or NVIDIA GPU-powered VMs. Azure Virtual Machine (VM) scale sets
Azure Express Route
- Direct, private, low latency connection to Azure
- Bandwidths to 100 Gbps supported
- Extend and connect your existing rendering infrastructure with high throughput and fast access to Azure compute and storage
Solution architecture: Animation and VFX studio rendering for content creation and post-production
Studio Rendering Architecture
This solution allows studios to leverage on-premises capacity to its fullest with the Azure FXT Edge Filer for NAS acceleration. When demand grows beyond on-premises capacity, burst render provides access to tens of thousands of cores using Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets. An Express Route connection and HPC Cache minimise latency while studios securely manage storage in a single place without replication.
- 1 Optimise access to NAS files and support remote artists with the Azure FXT Edge Filer connecting artists to low-latency storage.
- 2 Connecting on-premises storage resources to Azure via Azure Express Route providing a secure, private link to additional render cores.
- 3 Azure HPC Cache provides low-latency access to tens of thousands of compute cores with burst rendering. Azure SDK support in HPC Cache enables automation for easy infrastructure management and cost efficiencies.
- 4 A virtual render farm is available in Azure using Virtual Machine Scale Sets that grow as you need it and provides capacity to meet fluctuating demand.
Learn how you can quickly get started with rendering in Azure
Accelerate rendering on-prem
Easily deploy your render farm using Linux, Windows or in a proxy using easy to follow GitHub guides.
VFX burst rendering your way
As you transition to the cloud, the Azure FXT Edge Filer keeps your artists creating with fast access to on-premises storage.
Automate render cloud infrastructure
Use Terraform for infrastructure-as-code automation that eliminates errors and manages costs.
Tell more powerful stories with Azure HPC
Visual effects studio delivers on-time, on-budget performance with Azure
Dave Blommers, Global Head of Technology, Mr. X
"With the scalability we now have with Microsoft Avere vFXT for Azure, we can predict demand more accurately than ever before and respond to it much better, especially when dealing with last-minute changes."
Microsoft retail stores use Azure Batch to design, automate rendering and encode applications
See how Microsoft uses Azure Batch to manage the massive design, rendering and encoding requirements of running the unique high-res video display configurations at all 80 Microsoft stores around the world.
Jellyfish Pictures brings blockbusters to life with Azure
Jeremy Smith, CTO, Jellyfish Pictures
"Now that we're using the cloud, we can simply spin up tens of thousands of cores and, from an artist's perspective, they don't even realize they're using Azure because we've integrated it into our on-prem solution. That's the beauty of running in a hybrid model."
Outpost VFX goes all Azure with Avere vFXT for a lion’s windblown mane, artist positivity and global impact
Steve Holmes, Head of Marketing, Outpost VFX
"We're reliably delivering projects on time and producing the high caliber of creative work that clients are proud to include in their productions. Even as project scope and complexity increase across the industry, having the powerful Azure platform in our arsenal ensures we can keep pace."
From acclaimed visual effects to virtual humans, Digital Domain keeps innovating with GPU rendering and the fastest-yet FXT storage cache
Michael Thompson, Principal Systems Engineer, Digital Domain
"The FXT effectively serves as a giant shield between the render farm and our NetApp storage. With the reduced demand and wear and tear on our production filers, we've been able to run existing storage infrastructure for years and years."
Create your rendering solution with an Azure HPC partner
Get started with HPC on Azure. Tell us a little bit about yourself and an Azure team member will get in touch.