Resource search results
11 - 20 of 672
Discover an intelligent and scalable platform that is compatible across a broad array of SQL Server engines. Take an in-depth look at Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Managed Instance – and see how to use your existing SQL Server skills to get started with your on-premises migration. Get the Professional Azure SQL managed database administration e-book for detailed, easy-to-follow guidance and activity plans to help you deploy, configure and manage your own SQL databases with Azure. Read the technical implementation guide to learn how to:
- Migrate existing SQL Server instances to Azure SQL or provision a new Azure SQL database.
- Back up and restore Azure SQL databases.
- Monitor and optimise the performance of your cloud database to meet your needs.
- Automate common management tasks using PowerShell.
- Ensure that your data and applications are highly available and have disaster recovery.
- Modernise your existing applications with Azure SQL Managed Instance.
Hyperscale cloud technologies have become a common platform for modernization and lift-and-shift of On-Premise customers due to cost efficiencies, scalability and resiliency. Complex workloads like SAS have very particular workload characteristics and requirements that need to be understood and rationalized prior to deciding whether to move to the cloud or not. The maturity of compute and storage, however, has made this easier than in the past, allowing for Microsoft Azure to become a consideration for hosting such demanding workloads.
The whitepaper describes guidelines for deploying SAS 9.4 Grid technologies on Azure using the Lustre parallel clustered filesystem in a cost effective, performant and scalable manner.
The work is a collaboration between Donovan White and Paul Edwards from Microsoft and Renier Dryer from CrunchYard.
Learn how to optimize Azure Stack HCI for key customer use cases.
This white paper provides the blueprint on how an Hyper-V user can benefit from moving to Azure Stack HCI.
Responses to frequently asked questions about Windows Virtual Desktop offer
Learn how to bring the limitless scale, powerful insights, unified experience and cost-efficiency of Azure Synapse Analytics to your organisation.
Get a practical, hands-on introduction to Azure Synapse Analytics in Cloud Analytics with Microsoft Azure. Discover how to drive deep insights from all your data and apply machine learning models to intelligent apps through step-by-step guidance and detailed business use cases.
Explore how to work with a fully managed, integrated data analytics service that blends data warehousing, data integration and big data processing with accelerated time to insight into a single service.
Learn how to:
- Provision Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage and Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Analyse structured data to gain meaningful insights.
- Model and visualise data using Power BI.
- Build an end-to-end analytics pipeline in the cloud.
- Accelerate the delivery of business intelligence, artificial intelligence, machine learning, Internet of Things and intelligent applications.
Adapt to new landscapes and navigate new challenges with insights that help you prepare for what’s next. Explore the business outcomes that lead from recovery to growth and discover how analytics can help you become a more responsive organisation.
Read the analytics and agility guide to learn how to move through three phases of recovery to growth:
- Phase 1: Consolidate your position by identifying your organisation’s strengths.
- Phase 2: Optimise your capabilities and strengths and evaluate your tools and platforms to determine if you have the right systems in place.
- Phase 3: Start innovating to create net new value.
It is important to think about storage early on in your migration journey as storage decisions can impact business growth and outcomes. Learn about the storage characteristics you should consider in your journey to the cloud and why Azure Disk Storage can help you successfully migrate.
The business world has changed completely—and continues to change every day. Using your data to keep track of changes in your market and react to changes as they arise is now a necessity. Read the e-book Analytics Lessons Learned to see real-world examples of companies using data analysis to make responsive, informed, and timely decisions.
See how companies used their data to:
- Boost operational efficiency and achieve near real-time inventory management.
- Accelerate and improve fraud detection.
- Build machine learning models that help predict necessary maintenance and upgrades for physical machinery.
- Gain a holistic view of their customers that helped them improve customer experiences and profitability.
Learn how to build cloud skills and gain cloud efficiencies all while making use of your current on-premises Windows Server and SQL Server expertise. In this e-book, you’ll discover how to use cloud capabilities to solve common problems that may arise in your on-premises IT environment.
Read Cloud Skills Resource Kit: Migrating Windows Server and SQL Server, and learn how to:
- Adopt the right cloud services that make sense for your organization.
- Apply insights from use cases to meet your organization’s needs and goals.
- Get training resources and guidance on how to begin using cloud solutions that work with your current on-premises environment.