Trusted voices at the centre of Enterprise and Cloud computing.
Join Scott Hanselman every Friday as he engages one-to-one with the engineers who build the services that power Microsoft Azure as they demo capabilities, answer Scott’s questions and share their insights.
Paul DeCarlo shows Scott Hanselman how Azure IoT Edge enables you to deploy cloud intelligence locally on edge devices. By moving certain workloads to the edge of your network, your devices spend less time communicating with the cloud, can react more quickly to local changes, and operate reliably even in extended offline periods. In this example, Paul uses IoT Edge with Cognitive Services Containers to enhance his favorite retro videogames.
- Retro Video Game Translation Tablet with IoT Edge
- Azure IoT Edge
- What is Azure IoT Edge
- Install Read OCR Docker containers
- Lakka - The DIY open source retrogaming emulation console
- RetroArch-AI-with-IoTEdge repo on GitHub
- azure-iot-edge-device-container repo on GitHub
- Create a free account (Azure)