Cloudera on Azure
Gain deeper insights into your data by deploying Cloudera on Azure
Get new capabilities for your Cloudera workloads on Azure
- Add new analytics, monitoring and security capabilities to your production-grade workloads – including Azure Data Lake Store, Microsoft Power BI and Azure Storage Service Encryption.
- Grow, shrink, monitor and manage your transient Cloudera Enterprise clusters using Cloudera Director, and use Cloudera Manager for persistent clusters.
- Get started in just minutes with one-click deployment for proofs of concept (POCs), prototypes and production-grade Cloudera Enterprise.
Elastic, independent sizing for compute, storage and clusters
Hybrid and multi-cloud capabilities for business flexibility and data portability
Enterprise grade management, availability, security and governance for big data workloads
Only pay for what you use on ad hoc, transient workloads
Get Azure agility and flexibility for your big data processing
Built on Apache Impala, Cloudera on Azure brings high-performance SQL analytics to big data:
- Run reports and queries at any time, without needing data copies, extracts or proprietary storage formats.
- Control costs by automatically growing and shrinking your workloads as your needs change.
- Transfer your security policies and manage workload history, even after clusters have disappeared.
Increase data portability with hybrid deployment on Azure
Discover real-time customer insights more quickly and efficiently, and take advantage of fast, easy and highly secure enterprise-grade self-service data science:
- Provide your developers with the processing flexibility they need with linear performance scalability.
- Choose where and how to deploy – on-premises, on the public cloud or hybrid – and get to production repeatably and without recoding.
- Get stream processing and real-time analytics on changing data.
- Experiment faster using R, Python or Scala with on-demand compute and secure access to Apache Spark and Apache Impala.
Pay only for what you use
Train machine learning models and get a foundational workload for big data and data pipeline development and operations:
- Reduce the cost of short-lived workloads such as ETL and data modelling.
- Get access to more data and use the processing and analytics tools you already know.
- Run experiments and provision the compute and storage resources that you need without involving IT.
Get Azure management, security and governance for big data workloads
Make multi-function data apps more secure, easier to develop and less expensive to deploy with a powerful software framework:
- Define and preserve the structure and business context of data for new applications and partner solutions.
- Help protect sensitive data with consistent controls for transient and recurring workloads.
- Get disaster recovery, an aggregated, single copy of all of your data and manage your data from ingestion to purge.
Deep integration with Microsoft Azure
- Expand your data processing capabilities with deep integration between Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub 5.12 and Azure Data Lake Store.
- Grow or shrink clusters independent of data size.
- Get role-based access control integration with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
- No limits on account size or individual file size.
- Take advantage of data encryption at rest by default.
Cloudera on Azure solution architectures
Documentation, training and resources
Learn moreInfobrief: Looking Before You Leap into the Cloud – A Planned Approach to Cloud Implementations
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Flexible cloud infrastructure for aviation
Lufthansa Technik used Red Hat and Cloudera on Azure to create a data-driven operational excellence platform for its MRO (maintenance, repair and overhaul) aircraft services.
BCP cut dev time by 80% with Cloudera on Azure
Banco de Crédito del Perú (BCP) reduced development time by 80 per cent using Cloudera Enterprise built on Apache Hadoop, running in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment, hosted on Microsoft Azure.
Maersk connects the sea with the cloud
A.P. Moller – Maersk streamlined its IT operations and optimised the value of its IT resources with full Azure support for its Cloudera and other open-source workloads.
Acxiom boosts revenue with more accurate models
With R Services running on a Cloudera Hadoop cluster using Microsoft R Server Hadoop, digital marketing company, Acxiom, builds more accurate models more quickly, giving customers a 360-degree view of their shoppers for personalised digital campaigns.
Improving efficiency and safety with connected equipment
Komatsu Mining helps its customers optimise mine production by using Cloudera Enterprise and Microsoft Azure for its industrial IoT analytics platform.
Frequently asked questions about Cloudera on Azure
Cloudera on Azure combines Cloudera’s industry-leading platform for machine learning and advanced analytics with the enterprise-grade cloud and hundreds of extensible services of Microsoft Azure. Put together, Cloudera and Microsoft allow customers to do more with their applications and data.
Cloudera on Azure has the advantage of providing a unified environment on a proven and integrated platform for multi-disciplinary analytics and a shared data experience (SDX) for central catalogue, security and governance services.
Cloudera on Azure is ideal for customers who need to process large amounts of data – from ten to hundreds of petabytes per day.
Cloudera is the big data software platform of choice across numerous industries, providing customers with components such as Hadoop, Spark and Hive. Some examples:
Financial and banking: Financial services firms use Cloudera to perform risk analyses, financial modelling and to enhance customer service by linking real-time data streams.
Manufacturing: Discrete and process manufacturers use Cloudera to transform their supply chain management with real-time analytics and by processing massive amounts of IoT data to support capabilities such as predictive maintenance.
Healthcare: Hospitals use Cloudera to provide patients and healthcare providers with capabilities such as predictive healthcare. Pharmaceutical companies use Cloudera to accelerate data processing to bring new treatments to market faster.
Retail and hospitality: Retail and hospitality companies use Cloudera for processing large amounts of data and orders to gain insights into customer behaviour patterns, identify potential fraud, better understand product life cycles and improve customer conversion, retention and satisfaction.
Learn more about Cloudera on Azure
Please tell us a little about yourself and an Azure representative will get in touch with you to help answer your questions.