MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENCE TERMS
MICROSOFT AZURE AUTHENTICATOR
These licence terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or one of its affiliates, depending on where you live) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
- Internet-based services and
- support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software.
If you comply with these licence terms, you have the perpetual rights below.
INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
- Installation and Use. You may install and use one copy of the software on your device.
- Third-party Programs. The software may include third-party programs that Microsoft, not the third party, licenses to you under this agreement. Notices, if any, for the third-party program are included for your information only.
INTERNET-BASED SERVICES.Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time. You may not use these services in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else’s use of them. You may not use the services to try to gain unauthorised access to any service, data, account or network by any means.
SCOPE OF LICENCE.The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits this, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the software than specified in this agreement or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- publish the software for others to copy;
- rent, lease or lend the software;
- transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
- use the software for commercial software hosting services.
BACKUP COPY.You may make one backup copy of the software. You may only use it to reinstall the software.
DOCUMENTATION.Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
EXPORT RESTRICTIONS.The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.microsoft.com/exporting.
SUPPORT SERVICES.Because this software is “as is”, we may not provide support services for it.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT.This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
- United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws and in tort.
- Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
LEGAL EFFECT.This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY.
The software is licensed “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it. Microsoft gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights or statutory guarantees under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, Microsoft excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
FOR AUSTRALIA – You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in these terms is intended to affect those rights.
LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES.
You can recover from Microsoft and its suppliers only direct damages up to USD 5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third-party Internet sites or third-party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.