Create labs in the cloud with your Azure free account
Receive a free $200 credit to try Azure Lab Service
Run a class for 50 students
- Create and share a VM for each student
- Enable each student to use the computer lab for 5 hours/week over the 4 week course.
Host software trials
- Allow 250 different users to try your software
- Give each person a trial period of 4 hours and the latest version of your software in your lab.
Development and testing team environment
- Provide a developer team of 6 with a test environment
- Use virtual machines to run tests and analysis for 40 hours per week for 4 weeks
What else do I need to know?
Do I pay anything to start with the Azure free account?
No. Starting is free, plus you get a $200 credit which you can spend during the first 30 days.
What happens once I’ve used my $200 free credit or I’m at the end of 30 days?
We’ll notify you so you can decide whether you want to upgrade to pay-as-you-go pricing and remove the spending limit. If you do, you’ll have access to all the free products. If you don’t, your account and products will be disabled, and you’ll need to upgrade to resume usage.
What do I need to sign up for a free account?
All you need is a phone number, a credit card, and a GitHub account or Microsoft account username (formerly Windows Live ID).
What happens at the end of the 12 months of free products?
For 12 months after upgrading your account, certain amounts of popular products for compute, networking, storage and databases are free. After 12 months, any of these products which you may be using will continue to run, and you’ll be billed at the standard pay-as-you-go rates.