With massive workforces now remote, the stress of IT admins and security professionals is compounded by the increased pressure to keep everyone productive and connected while combatting evolving threats. Now more than ever, organizations need to reduce costs, keep up with compliance requirements, all while managing risks in this constantly evolving landscape.
Azure Security Center is a unified infrastructure security management system that strengthens the security posture of your data centers and provides advanced threat protection across your hybrid workloads in the cloud, whether they're in Azure or not, as well as on-premises.
Last week Ann Johnson, Corporate Vice President, Cybersecurity Solutions Group, shared news of an upcoming Azure Security Center virtual event—Stay Ahead of Attacks with Azure Security Center on June 30, 2020, from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM Pacific Time. It’s a great opportunity to learn threat protection strategies from the Microsoft security community and to hear how your peers are tackling tough and evolving security challenges.
At the event, you’ll learn how to strengthen your cloud security posture and achieve deep and broad threat protection across cloud workloads—in Azure, on-premises, and in hybrid cloud. We will also talk about how to combine Security Center with Azure Sentinel for advanced threat hunting.
The one-hour event will open with Microsoft Corporate Vice President of Cybersecurity Ann Johnson and General Manager of Microsoft Security Response Center Eric Doerr stepping through three strategies to help you lock down your environment:
- Protect all cloud resources across cloud-native workloads, virtual machines, data services, containers, and IoT edge devices.
- Strengthen your overall security posture with enhanced Azure Secure Score.
- Connect Azure Security Center with Azure Sentinel for proactive hunting and threat mitigation with advanced querying and the power of AI.
You’ll then see demos of Secure Score and other Security Center features. Stuart Gregg, Security Operations Manager of ASOS, a world leader in online fashion retail business and a Microsoft customer, will join Ann and Eric to share how they’ve gained stronger threat protection by pairing these technologies with smarter security management practices. Our security experts will be online to answer your questions.
Following the virtual event, you’ll have the opportunity to watch deep dive sessions where I will be hosting Yuri Diogenes, from the Customer Experience Engineering team at Microsoft. Azure Security Center today provides threat protection across cloud-native workloads, data services and servers, and virtual machines. Yuri and I will take you through a demo tour about these capabilities and chat about how you can use Security Center to achieve hybrid and multicloud threat protection. Here are the details:
- Cloud-native workloads. Kubernetes is the new standard for deploying and managing software in the cloud. Learn how Security Center supports containers and provides vulnerability assessment for virtual machines and containers.
- Data services. Breakthroughs in big data and machine learning make it possible for Security Center to detect anomalous database access and query patterns, SQL injection attacks, and other threats targeting your SQL databases in Azure and Azure virtual machines. Learn how you can protect your sensitive data, protect your Azure Storage against malware, and protect your Azure Key Vault from threats.
- Servers and virtual machines. Learn how to protect your Linux and Windows virtual machines (VMs) using the new Security Center features Just-In-Time VM Access, adaptive network hardening, and adaptive application controls. Yuri and I will also talk about how Security Center works with Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection to provide threat detection for endpoint servers.
When it comes to threat protection, the key is to cover all resources. Azure Security Center provides threat protection for servers, cloud-native workloads, data, and IoT services. Threat protection capabilities are part of Standard Tier and you can start a free trial today.
I hope you’ll join us and learn how to implement broad threat protection across all your cloud resources and improve your cloud security posture management. If you can’t catch the event online, the content will be available for you to watch at the Azure Security Expert Series web page after the event.