If you are attending SIGGRAPH this year I hope you can join us at Booth 620 to hear the latest on how Azure can help you:
- Render more, faster with Avere.
- Move your data to the cloud using our rugged, secure Azure Data Box.
- Get better scalability, simplicity, and hybrid support with Azure High-Performance Computing.
- Secure your media workloads. Security experts will be on hand to answer your questions.
Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Capture Studios will be there, so you can experience the latest in holographic video. And, we’re excited to have our partners, Avid Technology, Nimble Collective, and Teradici to name a few, share their latest and greatest.
- Avid is one the world’s most comprehensive provider of solutions for media, enabling the creation and distribution of the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world. Avid will demo its MediaCentral Platform on Microsoft Azure. Find out how to reduce cost, centralize media/data management, secure content collaboration, increase workflow efficiencies, and improve time-to-market.
- Nimble Collective will feature its cloud-based animation platform, an entire animation studio infrastructure complete with workflow and pipeline, streaming through your Internet browser. Nimble can reduce studio overhead up to 75 percent and give access to a globally distributed talent pool. Nimble will showcase their forthcoming enterprise cloud-based animation platform, Nimble Studio in 3D for animated film management and in 2D for a TV series workflow.
- Learn why creative professionals worldwide depend on Teradici PC over IP remoting solutions for ultra-secure access to graphics-intensive 3D applications while media assets remain protected. Now you can work from anywhere, with assets secured in any data center or public cloud. Teradici will demo Cloud Access Software and Cloud Access Manager.
If you want to dive deep into new technologies, consider adding these Tech Talks to your agenda to hear firsthand how studios are using Microsoft technology.
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018 from 9:00 - 10:00 AM - Room 215/216: Searching your image store without needing a PHD: PixStor and Microsoft Cognitive Services
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018 from 10:30 - 11:30 AM - Room 215/216: Mr. X Production: Workflow architecture and operational elements
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018 from 12:30 - 1:30 PM - Room 215/216: Human Holograms for Mixed Reality and Beyond
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018 from 12:30 - 1:30 PM - Room 215/216: What does it mean to be a fully cloud-based studio?
You may also want to check out:
- Birds of a Feather Sessions at SIGGRAPH 2018 are graphics-related, attendee-organized, informational discussions of shared interests, goals, technologies, and/or backgrounds.
- The SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival as it celebrates storytelling through the prism of computer graphics. The SIGGRAPH Computer Animation Festival, made up of both an Electronic Theater and a VR Theater, has been recognized as a qualifying festival by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences since 1999. Experience the world’s most innovative flat screen and virtual storytelling. Congratulations to this year’s winners!
- StudioSysAdmins as they celebrate their 10 year anniversary. Join the Studio Mingle on Tuesday, August 24, 2018 from 6pm - 11pm at the Cypress Suite, Pan Pacific Hotel. This group has brought people together to help efficiently solve studio infrastructure/support issues. SSA has 1286 studio members representing 568 production studios! Microsoft is pleased to be a sponsor of this event. Everyone is welcome to attend, but please RSVP.
When your busy agenda starts to take its toll and you need a moment – take in the waterfront. It really is incredible.
See you in Vancouver.