The Developer Economics Q4 2017 survey is here in its 14th edition to shed light on the future of the software industry. Every year more than 40,000 developers around the world participate in this survey, so this is a chance to be part of something big, voice your thoughts, and make your own contribution to the developer community.
Is this survey for me?
The survey is for all developers engaging in the following software development areas: cloud, mobile, desktop, IoT, AR/VR, machine learning, data science, web, backend, and gaming.
What questions am I likely to be asked?
The survey asks questions about the status and the future of the software industry.
- What’s going up and what’s going down in the software industry?
- Are you working on the projects you would like to work on?
- Where do you think development time should be invested?
- Which are your favorite tools and platforms?
What’s in it for me?
There are some perks to go with your participation. Have a look at what you can get our hands on:
- Amazing prizes up for grabs: A Pixel 2 phone, an iPhone X, a Windows Acer MR headset, a Nintendo Switch, Raspberry Pi 3’s, and more
- A Developer Scorecard showing responses from developers in your region
- A free State of the Developer Nation Q1, 2018 report with the key findings (February 2018)
What’s in it for Microsoft?
This is an independent survey from SlashData, an analyst firm in the developer economy that tracks global software developer trends. We’re interested in seeing the report that comes from this survey, and we want to ensure the broadest developer audience participates.
Ready to go?
The survey is open until December 31, 2017.
The survey is available in English, Chinese (Simplified, & Traditional), Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Russian, Japanese, or Korean.