Access Control Service Legal Information
Last updated: September 2018
As of 7 November 2018, Microsoft will discontinue and no longer update or support Access Control Service (ACS). We understand that some customers may wish to temporarily continue using ACS while they transition to an alternative solution. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in your licence agreement for ACS, Microsoft hereby grants to you the temporary right to continue use of ACS subject to the additional terms and conditions set forth below.
If you do not agree with these terms, you may not continue to use ACS
- You represent and warrant that you have the legal right and authority to bind your organisation to the following terms.
You understand and agree that:
- Microsoft is not obligated to and will not provide any updates or support for ACS, including any regulatory updates, and ACS may malfunction or break as software or services at its periphery are upgraded.
- Your use of ACS is not subject to the Online Services Terms, and Microsoft is under no commitment to meet the obligations set forth in the Online Services Terms with respect to ACS including, without limitation, any service level commitments.
- Microsoft is providing ACS ‘AS IS’ and without any warranties express or implied, and your continued use of ACS is entirely at your own risk. Microsoft may cease providing ACS at any time.
- Microsoft shall have no liability whatsoever for your continued use of ACS and that you will defend, indemnify and hold Microsoft harmless from any third-party claims arising as a result of your continued use of ACS.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the Online Services Terms or in any other documentation about ACS, you understand and agree that, as of 7 November 2018:
- Front-end traffic may be routed to a different region than the region in which the ACS data is stored.
Microsoft may store your namespace configuration data in regions other than your previously designated region as follows:
Current Data Storage Region Post-retirement Data Storage Region Australia East, Australia Southeast Asia East/Asia Southeast Brazil South US West, US East, US North Central and US South Central European Union (North Europe/West Europe) No impact Japan East, Japan West Asia East/Asia Southeast US East 2, US West 2, US Central, US West Central US West, US East, US North Central, US South Central
- Changes to traffic routing and storage location may negatively affect ACS performance.
- Your usage of ACS may not exceed 5 requests per second.
- ACS namespaces will be (a) automatically disabled after one week of token inactivity or (b) changed to read-only after one week of management inactivity.
- The foregoing terms of this Agreement are Microsoft’s confidential information. These terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties, and merge all prior and contemporaneous communications with respect to the subject matter hereof. These terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, USA, and incorporates by reference the existing terms governing ACS to the extent that those terms do not conflict with these terms.