Azure high-performance computing (HPC) for silicon
Scalable, secure, on-demand, high-performance infrastructure with compute, storage and networking optimised for electronic design automation (EDA) workloads.
Customer-validated production usage for hybrid (burst) and fully-on-Azure models, as well as phased, multi-year migration from on-premises to Azure.
Flexible and optimisable reference architecture that meets the needs of each tool or workload in the design flow.
Seamless deployment using industry-standard scheduling tools and storage standards.
Ecosystem partnerships to advance cloud-centric productivity gains through intelligent scaling, AI and machine learning.
Automated platform solution for performing secure collaborative silicon design in the cloud
Azure HPC silicon scenarios
Achieve fine-grained control over front and back-end chip design flow, as well as block and full chip levels of physical hierarchy, by optimising your chip design process with Azure technologies and architecture.
Dramatically improve turnaround time and business ROI for highly scalable processes such as foundational and custom IP design, characterisation and quantification.
Improve yield and uptime by capturing and analysing foundry data with Azure IoT, cognitive AI, machine learning and mixed reality technologies. Enable fault prediction, perform preventive maintenance, automate machine tuning and processes, and optimise process flows, quality and testing with high-performance computing.
Silicon supply chain
Improve the design sales process and optimise your supply chain by integrating your business planning, inventory optimisation, lifecycle management, component tracking, and logistics and distribution operations with cloud-native applications built on Azure IoT, machine learning, blockchain, and mixed reality technologies.
Contact your Microsoft account team for more information about Azure semiconductor solutions. Learn more in this white paper
Powerful infrastructure as a service (IaaS) for the silicon industry
- Get the cloud infrastructure support you need to create, manage, operate, and optimise HPC and big compute clusters—at any scale and for any software stack—with Azure CycleCloud. And, get support for industry-standard job schedulers, such as Platform Load Sharing Facility (LSF).
- Take advantage of large volumes of I/O with sub-millisecond latency with Azure NetApp Files – delivered within an Azure data centre with predictable, low latencies consistent with on-premises performance.
- Keep your data placement efficient, flexible and cost-effective by deploying a hybrid infrastructure environment. Burst your EDA applications into Azure using data stored in on-premises NAS devices, and scale to meet your needs using an intelligent cache with Azure HPC Cache.
Accelerate semi-conductor digital transformation
Boost productivity, optimise resources and speed up time to market with finely tuned silicon manufacturing and design solutions that run on globally available Azure HPC infrastructures. Microsoft is working to improve the complex EDA software landscape to help semi-conductor companies achieve better quality designs, innovative solutions and faster product delivery.
"AMD is pleased to see that Mentor's Calibre nmDRC scales on cloud-based AMD Epyc-powered servers not just in traditional use models, but also on the Azure public cloud."Daniel Bounds, Senior Director of AMD Datacenter Product, AMD
"I'm pleased to congratulate the winners of the 2020 TSMC OIP Partner of the Year awards and look forward to our continued partnerships to address customers' design challenges and extend the development of PPA-optimized design platforms for smartphone, HPC, automotive, AI/ML and IoT applications."Dr Y. J. Mii, Senior Vice President of Research & Development and Technology Development at TSMC
"The Joint Innovation Lab with Microsoft is one big step forward, elevating cross-industry partnership to the next level."Dr Cliff Hou, Senior Vice President of Technology Development at TSMC
"With the addition of the CloudBurst platform to our Cadence Cloud portfolio, we're providing customers with an unparalleled offering for hybrid cloud environments, which lets customers harness the full power of the cloud for SoC development."Dr Anirudh Devgan, President, Cadence
"Mentor's work with Azure has proven that we can jointly provide a robust, secure, and highly scalable platform tailored to address the critical customer need of burst capacity for peak demand, to meet today's design schedules."Ravi Subramanian, General Manager and Vice President of the IC Verification Solutions Division, Mentor
"With the industry-leading and TSMC-certified PrimeTime and StarRC solutions on Microsoft Azure, our customers can leverage the cloud to signoff their chips with significantly higher throughput while meeting their PPA targets with TSMC's latest advanced process technologies."Jacob Avidan, senior vice president of Design Signoff in the Design Group at Synopsys
"We are increasingly doing our chip development in a hybrid cloud environment to give us maximum flexibility. So we are happy to be partnering with Microsoft to use Milan based Azure VMs as a key part of our Hybrid Cloud infrastructure as we optimize for EDA workloads."Lisa Su, President and CEO, AMD
Learn more about how our partners and customers are innovating silicon design with Azure HPC
- Microsoft and TSMC announce Joint Innovation Lab to accelerate silicon design on Azure
- New general purpose and memory-optimised Azure Virtual Machines with Intel now available
- How cloud computing is now delivering efficiencies for IC design
- Chip design and the Azure cloud: an Azure NetApp Files story
- Mentor adds circuit simulators to the cloud using Azure
- It was impossible, until now. Computational electromagnetic breakthrough on Azure.
- Mentor and AMD verify massive Radeon Instinct Vega20 IC design on AMD EPYC in ~10 hours with ecosystem partners Microsoft Azure and TSMC
- Cadence collaborates with TSMC and Microsoft to reduce semi-conductor design timing sign-off schedules with the cloud
- SiFive selects Synopsys Fusion Design Platform and Verification Continuum Platform to enable rapid SoC design
- Microsoft, TSMC Enrich Silicon Design on Azure