Azure Purview Preview
Maximize business value with unified data governance
Reimagine data governance
Azure Purview is a unified data governance service that helps you manage and govern your on-premises, multicloud and software-as-a-service (SaaS) data. Easily create a holistic, up-to-date map of your data landscape with automated data discovery, sensitive data classification and end-to-end data lineage. Empower data consumers to find valuable, trustworthy data.
Automated data discovery, lineage identification and data classification across on-premises, multicloud and SaaS sources
Unified map of your data assets and their relationships for more effective governance
Semantic search enables data discovery using business or technical terms
Insight into the location and movement of sensitive data across your hybrid data landscape
Create a unified map of your data across hybrid sources
Establish the foundation for effective data usage and governance with Purview Data Map.
- Automate and manage metadata from hybrid sources.
- Classify data using built-in and custom classifiers and Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels.
- Label sensitive data consistently across SQL Server, Azure, Microsoft 365 and Power BI.
- Easily integrate all of your data systems using Apache Atlas APIs.
Enable effortless discovery of trusted data
Maximise the business value of data for your data consumers with Purview Data Catalogue.
- Search for data using technical or business terms.
- Easily understand data by browsing associated technical, business, semantic and operational metadata.
- Quickly identify the sensitivity level of data.
- Know where your data came from with interactive data lineage visualisation.
- Empower data scientists, engineers and analysts with business context to drive BI, analytics, AI and machine learning initiatives.
Discover data that powers business insights
Understand your data supply chain from raw data to business insights.
- Scan your Power BI environment and Azure Synapse Analytics workspaces with a few clicks and automatically publish all discovered assets and lineage to the Purview Data Map.
- Connect Azure Purview to Azure Data Factory instances to automatically collect data integration lineage.
- Quickly determine which analytics and reports already exist without reinventing the wheel.
Maximise the business value of SQL Server data
Easily discover and govern all your SQL Server data with a unified data governance service.
- Connect SQL Server to Purview Data Map and enable automated scanning and data classification.
Provide business context with a glossary of terms
Curate business terms to deliver a consistent understanding with Purview Data Catalog.
- Eliminate the need for Excel data dictionaries with an enterprise-grade business glossary.
- Import existing data dictionaries in a few clicks.
- Make data discoverable using familiar business language.
Gain insight into sensitive data across your organisation
Easily identify and understand sensitive data.
- Visually assess the locations of sensitive data by label or classification, and drill down to the details of each data asset.
- Apply Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels to data assets governed by Azure Purview.
Comprehensive security and data compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than USD 1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
Azure has more certifications than any other cloud provider. View the comprehensive list.
Only pay for what you use
Azure Purview reduces costs on multiple fronts, including cutting down on manual and custom efforts to discover and classify data, and eliminating hidden and explicit costs of maintaining homegrown systems and Excel-based solutions. Pay no extra cost to scan SQL Servers and Power BI tenants.
Azure Purview community and documentation
Get started with learning resources
Join the conversationJoin the Azure Purview tech community
Azure Purview updates, blogs and announcements
Frequently asked questions about Azure Purview
Azure Purview, currently in public preview, is a fully managed, unified data governance service to maximise the business value of data. Purview Data Map enables you to scan and classify data from on-premises and multicloud data sources. This hybrid data can then be effortlessly discovered by everyone using Purview Data Catalogue.
SLA for Azure Purview will only be available with general availability.