Resource search results
Showing 1 - 10 of 894 results
Build the skills and confidence to implement Azure Synapse Analytics. Explore how to use it to reduce costs, get industry-leading security, and gain analytics efficiencies with guidance from the e-book, Azure Synapse Analytics Cookbook.
Simplify migrating to Azure Synapse using this e-book filled with clear recipes for tasks such as:
- Choosing the optimal path to load data into Azure Synapse.
- Managing billions of rows of complex data.
- Modeling and visualizing data using machine learning and AI.
- Combining your existing services with Azure Synapse.
- Providing comprehensive data governance and embedded data discovery and classification.
Discover how to make your business more adaptive by evolving how you work with strategic IT service partners. Read this Forrester report to get architectural and governance guidance to successfully select and manage enterprise applications, platforms, and services.
Learn strategies to:
- Use modularity and prioritize composability to be able to reconfigure business processes quickly and to proactively forecast change.
- Cultivate new, democratized work styles by expanding knowledge workers’ skill sets and increasing the growth of citizen developers.
- Prioritize adoption of cloud- and service-based architectures—especially software as a service (SaaS) platforms for better scalability and user experience, as well as faster time to value.
Find out how to optimize your app management, product development, and IT costs with Azure Spring Apps—a fully managed platform as a service (PaaS) solution. Get this e-book for step-by-step guidance on preparing for the cloud, migrating, and optimizing your apps after the move.
Read Modernize Your Applications with Azure Spring Apps to:
- Empower your people to spend more time innovating and less time managing workloads.
- Efficiently manage increased network traffic and help strengthen security—while reducing costs.
- Choose the right services for your needs, including PaaS solutions, API management services, and container support.
- Discover best practices for hosting, deploying, and monitoring your apps on Azure Spring Apps.
Learn key insights about the global trajectory of cloud migration and modernization. In this report by Emerald Research group commissioned by Microsoft—based on a survey of over 1,200 IT decision makers—you’ll learn how enterprises are thinking about cloud adoption as part of their digital strategy.
You’ll also learn why:
- Organizations are turning to migration and modernization to support growth, future-proof their businesses, and reduce costs.
- Optimizing workloads, consolidating vendors, and simultaneously adopting hybrid and multicloud architectures are becoming common strategies.
- 82 percent of enterprises view migration as a steppingstone to digital transformation.
Improve your organization’s business intelligence and machine learning capabilities—and discover valuable insights in all of your data—with Azure Synapse Analytics, a limitless analytics service that brings enterprise data warehousing and big data analytics together.
Get the free e-book, Limitless Analytics with Azure Synapse, for a complete introduction to getting started with Azure Synapse Analytics. You’ll learn how Azure Synapse works and get step-by-step guidance on ingesting, securing, and managing your data.
See how to:
- Derive accurate, granular insights from your data using real-time streaming, data analysis, and machine learning techniques.
- Keep your data safe using security and privacy features.
- Build end-to-end analytics solutions that include data preparation, data management, data warehousing, and AI tasks.
See why Microsoft was named a Magic Quadrant Leader in Cloud Infrastructure and Platform Services by Gartner for the ninth consecutive year. Download the report to learn more about the latest cloud service offerings and why Microsoft placed furthest on the Completeness of Vision axis for the first time this year.
Demand for cloud solutions continues to grow, creating opportunities for independent software vendors (ISVs) to accelerate business growth and innovation.
In this infographic, learn how you can build solutions more efficiently, go to market faster, reach more customers, and unlock additional rewards with the ISV Success Program.
Innovate anywhere with Azure: Microsoft Azure Arc brings cloud benefits to your on-premises, multicloud, and edge workloads
Learn why hybrid, multi-cloud, and edge strategy is critical to the long-term success of your business and IT teams. Manage your infrastructure more efficiently, reduce costs, and achieve global scalability—while meeting local and industry regulations—with a secure and seamless hybrid cloud on Azure.
Read this white paper to get an overview of a hybrid strategy with Azure Arc to seamlessly secure, manage and govern your growing digital estate.
Explore specific opportunities for implementing hybrid cloud infrastructure in your organization, including how to:
- Manage Kubernetes apps anywhere at scale.
- Secure your distributed infrastructure and apps
- Gather insights from your data to make smarter decisions
- Address regulatory and connectivity challenges
Migrate and modernize your data estate to lower your total cost of ownership, achieve productivity gains, and accelerate time to market with faster app development cycles. Learn more about the Azure SQL family of services—and find out how to save on costs, achieve flexibility at scale, and meet peaks in demand with an end-to-end solution.
Explore these independent research reports to compare costs and workloads and see why Azure SQL is a market leader.
Azure SQL Managed Instance leads in price-performance for mission-critical workloads
Find out how Azure SQL Managed Instance outperformed Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) in testing done by Principled Technologies. Read the full report for details on how Azure SQL Managed Instance offers up to five times faster performance at a 93 percent lower cost when compared to SQL Server on AWS RDS.1
SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines leads SQL Server on Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2)
Explore this report from GigaOm and see why SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines came out on top in overall speed and price-performance when compared to SQL Server on Amazon EC2. Read how SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines meets mission-critical requirements up to 42 percent faster and costs up to 31 percent less than SQL Server on AWS EC2.2
For a full breakdown of the benefits and economic value of migrating your on-premises SQL server to Azure SQL, download the infographic, The Economic Value of Azure SQL.
1Price-performance claims based on data from a study commissioned by Microsoft and conducted by Principled Technologies in April 2022. The study compared performance and price performance between a 16 vCore, 64 vCore and 80 vCore Azure SQL Managed Instance using premium-series hardware on the business-critical service tier and the db.m6i.32xlarge, db.r5b.4xlarge and db.r5b.16xlarge offerings for Amazon Web Services Relational Database Service (AWS RDS) on SQL Server. Benchmark data is taken from a Principled Technologies report using recognized standards, HammerDB TPROC-C, HammerDB TPROC-H and Microsoft MSOLTPE, a workload derived from TPC-E. The MSOLTPE is derived from the TPC-E benchmark and as such is not comparable to published TPC-E results, as MSOLTPE results do not comply with the TPC-E Specification. The results are based on a mixture of read-only and update intensive transactions that simulate activities found in complex OLTP and analytics application environments. Price-performance is calculated by Principled Technologies as the cost of running the cloud platform continuously divided by transactions per minute or per second throughput, based upon the standard. Prices are based on publicly available US pricing in South Central US for Azure SQL Managed Instance and US East for AWS RDS as of April 2022 and incorporates Azure Hybrid Benefit for SQL Server, excluding Software Assurance and support costs. Performance and price-performance results are based upon the configurations detailed in the Principled Technologies report. Actual results and prices may vary based on configuration and region.
2Price-performance claims based on data from a study commissioned by Microsoft and conducted by GigaOm in April 2022. The study compared price performance between SQL Server 2019 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2022 in Azure E32bds_v5 instance type with P30 Premium SSD disks and SQL Server 2019 Enterprise Edition on Windows Server 2022 in Amazon Web Services Elastic Cloud Compute instance type r5b.8xlarge with General Purpose (gp3) volumes. Benchmark data is taken from two tests:
- The GigaOm Transactional Field Test derived from a recognized industry standard, TPC Benchmark™ E (TPC-E). The Field Test does not implement the full TPC-E benchmark and as such is not comparable to any published TPC-E benchmarks.
- The GigaOm Analytics Field test derived from the TPC-H Benchmark. The field test does not implement the full TPC-H benchmark and as such is not comparable to any published TPC_H benchmarks.
Prices are based on publicly available US pricing in North Central US for SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines and Oregon for AWS EC2 as of April 2022. The pricing incorporates three-year reservations for Azure and AWS compute pricing, and Azure Hybrid Benefit for SQL Server and Windows Server, and License Mobility for SQL Server in AWS, excluding Software Assurance and support costs. Actual results and prices may vary based on configuration and region.
An ever-increasing set of business demands, from regulations to new workload requirements to security and collaboration, are putting pressure on the traditional on-premises HPC infrastructure and how best to maximize ROI. While there are many benefits to moving your HPC workloads to the cloud, we've identified the top reasons why now is the time for you to evaluate your needs.