Why Azure Stack?
Extend Azure on-premises and build innovative hybrid applications
- Speed development with consistent processes, DevOps tools and open-source components
- Adopt the cloud on your terms, choosing the hybrid deployment that works best for you
- Get up and running quickly with purpose-built integrated systems by our partners
Build modern applications across hybrid cloud environments
Azure Stack is an extension of Azure, bringing the agility and fast-paced innovation of cloud computing to on-premises environments. Only Azure Stack lets you deliver Azure services from your organisation’s data centre, while balancing the right amount of flexibility and control for truly consistent hybrid cloud deployments.
Speed up development with a consistent environment
Maximise productivity by empowering developers to build and deploy apps in the same way, whether your apps run on Azure or Azure Stack.
- One set of tools – use the same application model, self-service portal and APIs enabled by Azure Resource Manager.
- Common DevOps – experience continuous deployment and integration using Jenkins and Visual Studio Team Services, as well as automation using Chef and Azure PowerShell DSC extensions.
- Open source – use a broad range of open-source technologies including Java, Python, Node.js, PHP, Docker-integrated containers, Mesosphere DC/OS and Cloud Foundry.
Run Azure Stack services consistently across your environment
Meet your business and technical requirements with the right combination of cloud and on-premises deployments for your needs. Azure infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) delivery goes far beyond traditional virtualisation. Virtual Machine Scale Sets enable rapid deployments with true auto-scaling for modern workloads. Consistent Azure platform-as-a-service (PaaS) capabilities bring hybrid deployment choice and portability to cloud applications. Run fully managed PaaS, serverless computing, distributed microservices architectures and container management on premises.
Simplify delivery with our integrated systems partners
Focus on optimising your applications using integrated systems that are designed to deliver a consistent Azure experience. Get up and running quickly with purpose-built Azure Stack integrated systems from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Cisco and Lenovo. Enjoy the continuous innovation of Azure through software updates that are delivered regularly. Plus, easily integrate Azure Stack with other solutions such as monitoring and identity services.
Related products and services