Azure IoT Suite is designed to get customers and partners started quickly to connect and manage their devices in a simple and reliable manner, realizing business value from an IoT solution. Bing Map (v7) has been integrated as part of Azure IoT Suite Remote Monitoring preconfigured solution to visualize device locations and status in the preconfigured solution dashboard. We are pleased to announce that an advanced version of Bing Map (v8) has been effective since July 1st, 2017 for Azure IoT Suite Remote Monitoring preconfigured solution. It provides customers and partners:
- High performance: Data renders 10x faster.
- Extended culture support for 95 new languages: Uses the Bing Maps REST services to perform geocode and route requests on up to 117 languages.
- New features based on developer feedback
To leverage the new advanced map functionality, you can do one of the following:
- Deploy a new Remote Monitoring Solution: All solutions deployed from will leverage the new V8 control.
- Update to the latest code: Get all new features from the master branch, such as Device Management and Bing Map v8.
- Update only the map control: Get only the changes for the map control by referencing the single commit.
In all scenarios, the existing Bing Map API Key under your account will be kept valid for you, no specific action is expected from customers due to the migration.