1 min read
Truffle has created a toolset used by developers building decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain. While other tools exist, Truffle focuses on the developer experience and the unique needs of developing on a blockchain that are not present in traditional software development. Providing the ability to manage the lifecycle of the development and deployment process via a framework has been delivered by Truffle and the evolution of the product is being realized in the new features, such as those listed below.
We are excited to announce that, in addition to the latest stable version of Truffle, the upcoming beta release of Truffle 4.0 beta 2 is now available in the Azure Marketplace. The drive to improve the developer experience is central to tools such as Truffle. The beta offers a significant upgrade and this new offering showcases the features that are being developed as part of the framework, including:
- No need to run testrpc for faster development cycles
- Step through debugging of transactions in Smart Contracts
- The ability to have multiple concurrent development sessions active
- Logging in the new development blockchain (without the need to use testrpc)
- New solidity compilier 0.4.17
- Migration and deployment dry runs to allow testing upgrades before actual deployment
Along with this, Truffle moved the application build process to a model which is more modular. This has been in place since version 3.0 and example “boxes” or boilerplates for applications are available for users to help bootstrap the application development process. A list of these boxes can be found on the Truffle website.
Truffle continues to provide a development environment that makes building decentralized applications as easy as web development. To get started with the beta, create an instance in Azure from the Marketplace.