We’re happy to announce the management of the StorSimple Virtual Device Series is now available in the new Azure portal. You can use the StorSimple extension in the new portal to create Azure Resource Manager based StorSimple managers to manage your virtual arrays.
- Enhanced user experience and improved navigation
- Optimized and multiple workflows for efficient task completion
- Integrated Support and Diagnostics experiences
- Support for inbuilt Azure roles and ability to manage access through custom roles
How to get started
You can create a new StorSimple Device Manager in the Azure portal to manage your virtual arrays by navigating to: + NEW –> Storage –> StorSimple Virtual Device Series.
You can register one or more virtual arrays to this newly created StorSimple Device Manager by navigating to the specific Manager –> Resource menu –> Quick start to download and register a new virtual array.
Additionally, by navigating to Browse –> ‘Filter’ on StorSimple Device Managers, you will be able to:
- View and manage all StorSimple Device Managers created in the new portal.
- View all StorSimple Device Managers created in the classic portal. However, you will continue to manage these resources through the classic portal, until we migrate them to the new portal. More information on migration to the new portal is covered further in this article.
Managing your StorSimple virtual arrays in the new Azure portal
The enhanced user experience makes it easy to manage your virtual arrays within the new Azure portal.
- The resource menu contains all the options to manage, monitor and troubleshoot your virtual arrays.
- Some of the frequently performed operations on the virtual array are easily accessible through the top-level command bar.
- The StorSimple service summary blade provides aggregated information across the virtual arrays in a particular resource. This blade is designed to give you a quick summary on usage, alerts etc., and serve as starting point to deep dive into further details, both from the tiles on the blade as well as from the resource menu on the left.
- Additionally, you can diagnose and potentially resolve common issues with your virtual arrays through the troubleshooting content that is available right within the Azure portal. You can also log a support ticket to request assistance from Microsoft Support.
To learn more about how to manage your StorSimple Virtual Arrays in the portal, please refer to the product documentation.
Migration of StorSimple Virtual Device Series resources from the classic portal
Your existing StorSimple Virtual Device Series resources in the classic portal will be migrated to the new Azure Portal in the coming weeks. We will reach out to you with more details on the date as well as the details of the migration. Stay tuned!
Please note this migration will be seamless and there will be no downtime to your virtual arrays. Once the migration is complete:
- All your StorSimple Virtual Device resources in the classic portal will be managed through the new Azure portal.
- The StorSimple Virtual Device Series management will no longer be available on the classic portal.
- The StorSimple Physical Device Series will continue to be managed via the classic portal. You will be able to view your StorSimple Physical Device Series resources in the new portal, but you will continue to manage them from the classic portal. We will keep you posted about the transition of the physical device series to the new Azure portal.
For more information on the new portal, refer to the blog post, which compares and contrasts the user experience in the new Azure portal and the classic portal.
To learn more about how to manage your StorSimple virtual arrays in the portal, please refer to the product documentation.