This project includes three Dockerfiles:
- Dockerfile - Non-parameterized Dockerfile for building the application. References a base image in Docker Hub.
- Dockerfile-app - Parameterized, accepts the
REGISTRY_NAMEargument to specify the FQDN of the container registry from which the base image is pulled.
- Dockerfile-base - Defines a base image for the application defined in Dockerfile-app.
This project is intended for use with the following forthcoming articles on docs.microsoft.com:
NOTE: These articles are currently in progress, but are not yet published. Links will be enabled as soon as they're live on docs.microsoft.com.
- Build container images in the cloud with Azure Container Registry Build
- Automate container image builds with Azure Container Registry Build
- Automate image builds on base image update with Azure Container Registry Build
Although intended for use with the companion articles, you can perform the following steps to run the sample application. These steps require a local Docker installation.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/acr-build-helloworld-node
docker build -t helloacrbuild:v1 .
docker run -d -p 8080:80 helloacrbuild:v1
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080 to view the running application