Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Microsoft Azure
af Pivotal Software Inc.
Build and run Java microservices-based applications with Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Microsoft Azure
Pivotal Cloud Foundry®, running on Microsoft® Azure™, helps enterprises execute their digital transformation strategies. Together, Pivotal and Microsoft provide a comprehensive continuous delivery platform that accelerates application development.
NEW – Deployment of PCF on Azure is simpler and highly automated: Operations Manager is now available for Azure customers.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry - Cloud Native Platform
- Accelerates application development and reduces time to market
- Enables streamlined operational excellence to rapidly respond to market demands
- Proven solution for companies to deliver a software-led, digital transformation
FREE 90 day evaluation license.
A single instance of PCF will utilize 50+ cores. Contact Pivotal or your Azure representative if you are interested in conducting a proof of concept.
- First-class support for Spring Cloud & Spring Boot
- Elastic container runtime
- Attachable backing services
- Structured deployment process
- Polyglot language support
- Integrated logging and monitoring
- Zero downtime application updates
- Platform security and visibility
You must have the following in order to use PCF on Azure:
- Pay-as-you-go subscription on your Azure account.
- Sufficiently high quota limits (Recommended: 100 cores) on your Azure account. Installing Pivotal Cloud Foundry® requires more than the default 20 cores.
- Please see this link for instructions on requesting a core quota increase.
- For more information on Azure subscription and service limits, quota, and constraints, please see here.
- Pivotal Network Account: If you do not already have an account, create one. You will need the API token located in your profile.
- Navigate to your name in the top right and select Edit Profile. The API token is located at the bottom of the page.
- Install either the Azure CLI or Azure PowerShell on your machine, using the instructions here. Create an Azure Service Principal (TENANT-ID, CLIENT-ID, CLIENT-SECRET):
- Use azure-sp-tool (to install run: npm install -g azure-sp-tool) to generate Azure Service Principal file
- Instructions to use azure-sp-tool can be found here
- The generated file will be asked for during installation.
Please follow the step-by-step directions here to deploy Pivotal Cloud Foundry® on Microsoft Azure.