We’re excited for the Supercomputing conference next week in Denver, Colorado. Supercomputing is where researchers and practitioners from around the world come together to advance the state of high-performance computing. Microsoft will have a great presence at SC17.
In booth 1501, we’ll show how Microsoft Azure provides one cloud for every workload. Our technical staff will be on hand to show how Azure’s offerings can help advance artificial intelligence, simulation, hybrid cloud, and cloud native applications. And of course, we’ll be ready to talk about our exclusive partnership with Cray that gives customers the ability to get dedicated access to a supercomputer on their Azure virtual network.
Also in the booth, we have some great talks lined up in the booth theater. Customers, partners, and Microsoft staff will give talks on how Azure is helping people solve real-world problems. Some talks include:
- “GPU computing solving the most demanding challenges of large-scale computing” from Han Vanholder, of NVIDIA
- “FEA simulations on Azure” from Rob Walsh, of Altair
- “Azure specialized compute strategy” from Brett Tanzer, of Microsoft
Stop by booth 1501 for the latest schedule.
Microsoft is well-represented in the technical content, as well. Our presentations include:
- Thirty Years of the Gordon Bell Prize (Invited Talk)
- Cloud Computing for Science and Engineering (Tutorial)
- GPU Triggered Networking for Intra-Kernel Communications (Paper)
- Gravel: Fine-Grain GPU-Initiated Network Messages (Paper)
- The 2017 International Workshop on Software Engineering for High Performance Computing in Computational and Data-Enabled Science and Engineering (SE-CoDeSE 2017) (Workshop)
- The Eighth International Workshop on Data-Intensive Computing in the Clouds (Workshop)
- HPC Systems Professionals Workshop (Workshop)
- 10th Workshop on Many-Task Computing on Clouds, Grids, and Supercomputers (Workshop)
We’re also proud to be a sponsor of the Student Cluster Competition, which will include a cloud component for the first time, along with tables at the Student Career Fair. We look forward to seeing you in Denver next week!