Do you have an idea for that next big application that you would like to run from the cloud? Then you’ll want to tune into the new five-part online series, “Cloud Power: Create the Next BIG App”, to learn how you can use Windows Azure to build new applications to run from the cloud or enhance existing applications with cloud-based capabilities. During this training, you’ll get a 30-day free Windows Azure Platform pass and have opportunities to work with Windows Azure trough hands-on lessons and code samples. Below is a brief description of each session; click on the title for more information and to register.
Friday, May 13, 2011, 10-11:30 AM PDT: Migrating Data into the Cloud
- The focus of this first session is on learning about the challenge of having data sitting on “intermittently maintained infrastructure” and how best to migrate to a cloud environment that is persistently up to date.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 9-10:30 AM PDT: Extending Your SharePoint Practice via the Cloud
- Learn how to deploy services into Windows Azure to increase end-user availability, leverage cloud storage for your SharePoint solutions to accommodate your customers' needs and benefit from your .NET skills and codebase to connect across devices and platforms.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 9-10:30 AM PDT: Tips and Tricks to Make Mobile Apps Scale AND Perform
- This session will show you how to use libraries for your mobile apps and architect for scalability.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011, 9-10:30 AM PDT: Creating Facebook Apps That Can Scale
- It's not unheard of to create a promotion or app on Facebook that draws 150,000 views in three days In this session, we will walk thru assets you can use today and applicable lessons that will help you architect for scale for Facebook.
Tuesday, June 2, 2011, 9-10:30 AM PDT: Add Scale Easily to ASP.NET Apps
- This session will walk you through the steps needed to address changing server needs and web requirements.