One of the key features that was announced with the latest release of Azure Backup Server is Modern Backup Storage. Modern Backup Storage is a technology that leverages Windows Server 2016 native capabilities such as ReFS block cloning, deduplication and workload aware storage to optimize backup storage and time, and delivers nearly 50% disk storage savings and 3x faster backups. With Modern Backup Storage, Azure Backup Server goes a step further in enhancing enterprise backups by completely restructuring the way data is backed up and stored.
How does Modern Backup Storage work?
Add volumes to Modern Backup Storage and configure Workload Aware Storage
Begin backing up by creating Protection Group with Modern Backup Storage
With these simple steps, you can efficiently store your backups using Modern Backup Storage technology.
Related links and additional content
- Want more details? Check out Azure Backup documentation and Azure Advisor documentation
- New to Azure Backup, sign up for a free Azure trial subscription
- Need help? Reach out to Azure Backup forum for support
- Tell us how we can improve Azure Backup by contributing new ideas and voting up existing ones.
- Follow us on Twitter @AzureBackup for the latest news and updates