Azure Arc Preview
Bring Azure services and management to any infrastructure
Introducing Azure Arc
For customers who want to simplify complex and distributed environments across on-premises, edge and multicloud, Azure Arc enables deployment of Azure services anywhere and extends Azure management to any infrastructure.Download Azure Arc infographic (PDF)
Azure Arc use cases
Get sprawling Windows Servers, Linux Servers, and Kubernetes clusters under control by centrally organizing and governing from Azure across clouds, datacenters and edge.
Deploy and manage Kubernetes applications with GitHub and Azure Policy. Ensure that applications are deployed and configured from source control consistently at scale.
Get latest innovation, cloud automation and elastic scale, and unified management for data workloads running across hybrid infrastructure. Ensure consistency in data governance, security, and manage costs efficiently.
Run Azure services anywhere
- Always current with the latest innovation from Azure
- Elastic scale based on capacity with the ability to deploy in seconds
- Support both disconnected and connected use cases
Extend Azure management across your environments
- Organize resources such as Windows and Linux Servers, Kubernetes clusters, and Azure services
- Manage and govern resources at scale with powerful scripting, tools, Azure Portal and API, and Azure Lighthouse
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes container-based applications
Adopt cloud practices on premises
- Easily adopt DevOps techniques such as infrastructure as code
- Empower developers with self-service and choice of tools complemented by central IT governance and guidance
- Standardize change control with declarative configuration management systems like GitOps
Implement Azure security anywhere
- Access unique Azure security capabilities such as Azure Threat Detection
- Centrally manage access and security policies for resources with Role Based Access Control
- Enforce compliance and simplify audit reporting
Azure Arc is in preview
This allows us to learn from our customers and evolve our service to provide the best experience. At this time, there is no cost to use this service.
A single operations and control plane for any resource anywhere
- Asset organization and inventory through a variety of Azure scopres, such as Management groups, Subscriptions, and Resource Groups.
- Tag resources for custom organization
- Quickly search your global portfolio with Azure Resource Graph
- Apply and enforce policies and view compliance for any infrastructure anywhere.
- Standardized Role Based Access Control across systems and different types of resources.
- Delegate remediation of incidents and problems to service teams without IT intervention.
- Integrated with GitHub, Azure Monitor, Azure Update and more.
- Developer tooling agnostic—Use the tools you want.
- Common templating for automating configuration and infrastructure as code for repeatable deployments.
A unified and consistent view of your assets wherever they are through:
- Azure Portal
- Works for both Linux and Windows
- Works with both virtual machines, bare-metal servers, and other clouds
- Domain agnostic – works across multiple domains at the same time
- At scale searchable inventory
- Same server management experience across environments
- Consistent VM Extensions for agent management
- Free access to SQL Server Assessment
Governance and security
- Built-in Policies for servers available in Azure
- Server security baselines
- Easily view and search for out of compliance servers across environments
- Advanced data security
- Central IT at scale operations
- Workload owners manage based on their access
- Integrated with Azure Lighthouse for MSPs
- Integrated with Azure Lighthouse for MSPs
- Inventory, organize, and tag clusters in Azure
- Deploy apps and configuration to one or many clusters
- Remain consistent at scale with policy-based deployment
- Single pane of glass for logs and metrics with Azure Monitor
- Enforce run-time conformance and audit resources with Azure Policy
- End to end identity with Azure Active Directory
- Azure Policy provides at a glance compliance
Start with the Azure Arc public preview for Windows Server, Linux, and Kubernetes clusters.
Complete this form to sign up to get notified about Azure Arc for server and Kubernetes management, and Azure data services anywhere.