Use Visual Studio Online to host code, plan and track projects, and collaborate with team members to ship better software. Visual Studio Online provides an end-to-end, cloud-based ALM solution that handles everything from hosted code repos and issue tracking to load testing and automated builds. It integrates with major IDEs, and best of all, you can access it from just about anywhere.
Within a Visual Studio Online account, you simply pay for user plans for the users who join your account and for resources that are shared amongst all users on the account. The first five users with the Basic plan and all eligible MSDN subscribers (Visual Studio Professional with MSDN or higher) can join your account at no charge. This applies to purchased MSDN subscriptions as well as those offered as a benefit in the BizSpark program and to partners with a competency in the Microsoft Partner Network. Learn more about Visual Studio with MSDN.
Shared resources are billed based on your actual usage if you elect to enable paid usage on your account. Otherwise you can use up to the free amount of service included per month.
Pick the right user plan for each of your team members based on their needs. There are three user plans offered directly as part of Visual Studio Online, highlighted below. In addition, MSDN subscribers have access to Visual Studio Online at no additional charge as an MSDN subscription benefit. MSDN subscriptions are purchased separately from Azure services.
- Visual Studio Online Basic - Includes access to code repositories, planning and tracking tools, team collaboration capabilities, and the Visual Studio Express development environment. The first five users per account with the Basic plan are free.
- Visual Studio Online Professional - Includes all of the capabilities available in the Basic plan, plus it also includes use of the Visual Studio Professional development environment. Up to 10 users with the Visual Studio Online Professional plan may be purchased on an account.
- Visual Studio Online Advanced - Includes all of the capabilities available in the Basic plan, as well as advanced team collaboration, project planning and tracking tools, and stakeholder feedback requests.
To share the status of your development projects with business sponsors, external customers, or non-development team members, or provide them a way to suggest new features or comment on planned work, invite them to your project as a stakeholder.
- View team and team project dashboards
- View backlogs, Kanban, and task boards
- Create and edit work items, as well as work item queries
Stakeholders are free, and you can add as many of them to your account as you want.
Shared Resources (per Visual Studio Online account)
A Visual Studio Online account includes resources that are shared across all users and projects on that account.
- Build - Build definitions can be created using Visual Studio and can be run on Visual Studio Online. Builds can be configured to run on demand, at a specified interval, or for continuous integration (CI). Build is charged per minute for the actual amount of computing time it takes to build the project.
- Load Testing - Create load tests in Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 (or later) and run them on Visual Studio Online. Load tests are measured and billed in virtual user minutes: the number of virtual users times the number of minutes that you configure for the load test run.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an int'l transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes and an eNF will not be issued.
The Visual Studio Online Basic, Professional, and Advanced user plans as well as the shared resources for Visual Studio Online are purchased via Azure, but MSDN subscriptions are purchased separately.
| ||Basic ||Professional ||Advanced |
|Maximum users per account ||Unlimited ||10 ||Unlimited |
|Price || Free for the first 5 users $20 /month for additional users || $45/mo || $60/mo |
Users with the following MSDN subscriptions can be added at no charge to the account. The maximum MSDN subscribers per account is unlimited across each of these MSDN subscription levels.
- Visual Studio Professional with MSDN
- Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN
- MSDN Platforms
- Visual Studio Premium with MSDN
- Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN
Compare user plan features
| ||Build ||Load Testing |
|Free Amount (per Visual Studio Online account) || 60 minutes / month || 15,000 virtual user minutes / month |
|Price || $0.05 / minute || $0.002 / virtual user minute |