New Windows Azure Marketplace Data Delivers the Latest Weather and Stock Information
Today we announce the release of two new data offers that have recently been added to the Windows Azure Marketplace:
- Worldwide Historical Weather Data: Provides weather information including historical daily maximum temperature, minimum temperature, precipitation, dewpoint, sea level pressure, windspeed, and wind gust for thousands of locations around the world. Data is available on-line from 2000 through the current week and historical data is added every week for the previous week for all global locations.
- The Stock Sonar: The Stock Sonar Sentiment Service provides sentiment scores for public companies trades on the US stock market. The Stock Sonar retrieves, reads and analyzes information from a wide variety of online sources including articles, blogs, press releases and other publicly available information based on an in-depth understanding of a text's meaning.
The Windows Azure Marketplace is an online market for buying and selling finished Software-as- a-Service (SaaS) applications and premium datasets. The Windows Azure Marketplace helps companies instantly discover premium applications, public domain and trusted commercial data from partners – everything from Health to Retail and Manufacturing applications to demographics, navigation, crime, and web services and algorithms for data cleansing.
Learn more about the Windows Azure Marketplace:
- Whitepaper: Windows Azure Marketplace
- Video: First Look: Windows Azure Marketplace
- Video: Discover and subscribe to data feeds on DataMarket
- Case Studies: Learn how others are using the Marketplace