This Informational Bot can answer questions defined in a knowledge set or FAQ using Cognitive Services QnA Maker and answer more open-ended questions using Azure Cognitive Search.
Employee starts the Application Bot
Azure Active Directory validates the employee’s identity
The employee can ask the bot what type of queries are supported
Cognitive Services returns an FAQ built with the QnA Maker
The employee defines a valid query
The Bot submits the query to Azure Cognitive Search which returns information about the application data
Application insights gathers runtime telemetry to help development with Bot performance and usage
- 1 Employee starts the Application Bot
- 2 Azure Active Directory validates the employee’s identity
- 3 The employee can ask the bot what type of queries are supported
- 4 Cognitive Services returns an FAQ built with the QnA Maker
- 5 The employee defines a valid query
- 6 The Bot submits the query to Azure Cognitive Search which returns information about the application data
- 7 Application insights gathers runtime telemetry to help development with Bot performance and usage
Related solution architectures
Together, the Azure Bot Service and Language Understanding service enable developers to create conversational interfaces for various scenarios like banking, travel and entertainment. For example, a hotel’s concierge can use a bot to enhance traditional email and phone call interactions by validating a customer via Azure Active Directory and using Cognitive Services to better contextually process customer requests using text and voice. The speech recognition service can be added to support voice commands.
Azure Bot Service can easily be combined with Language Understanding to build powerful enterprise productivity bots, enabling organisations to streamline common work activities by integrating external systems, such as Office 365 calendar, customer cases stored in Dynamics CRM, and much more.
Create seamless conversational interfaces with all of your Internet-accessible devices – from your connected television or fridge to devices in a connected power plant. LUIS is able to integrate up to 500 intents to translate commands into smart actions.