Today, we are excited to announce the releases of Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC and the Azure SDK 2.3 for .NET. These releases add a number of great features for Azure development:
Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC
This update to Visual Studio 2013 includes built-in tooling for Azure developer and test scenarios:
- Dev/Test: Create Dev/Test environments (Azure Web Sites or VMs) for Web apps and generate automated PowerShell deployment scripts [Article]
- JSON Editor: New editor with IntelliSense support when editing Resource Manager templates [Release Notes]
- Mobile Services: .NET support including remote debugging [Article; Mobile Dev Center]
- Notification Hubs: Send test notifications [Article]
Azure SDK 2.3 for .NET
With the additional install of the Azure SDK 2.3 for .NET you also can take advantage of the following features:
- Virtual Machines: Remote debug native or managed code [Article] and create virtual machines from Server Explorer [Article]
- Web Sites: View and edit remote files and logs [Article] and easily publish Web apps using the improved Publish Web experience [Article]
- Cloud Services: General availability of Emulator Express [Article] with Run as Normal User support & Remote debugging for native code [Article]
- Storage: Updated Storage Emulator & Storage Client 3.0 now included in new projects [Storage Dev Center]
- PowerShell, X-Plat CLI and .NET Automation (separate downloads from Azure SDK 2.3): Support for using Resource Manager [PowerShell Article; X-Plat CLI Article], and lots of new commands for automating Web Sites, Cloud Services, VMs and more [PowerShell Article; X-Plat CLI Article]
Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC is available for download here. The Azure SDK 2.3 can be downloaded from the Azure .NET Developer Center. And, the automation tools are available as part of the Azure PowerShell, X-Plat CLI and .NET client library downloads.
Stay tuned for an upcoming post with more details on these features.