Recently, we have added the ability for customers to administer their Azure web sites using the IIS administration console that comes with Windows. IIS Manager has HTTP over SSL support to provide a secure Connection to your Windows Azure Website, and the configuration you set will be set in the site’s web.config file directly. Using INETMGR for this gives the following benefits:
- A familiar user interface for website administrator
- Easier to use than editing web.config manually (especially for some complex options like URL rewrite rules)
- Reduce the risk of syntax or formatting errors common with editing web.config directly
- On Window client OS – IIS Manager for Remote Administration
- On Windows Server – Make sure you have installed IIS Management Console.
- Refer to step 6 in http://www.iis.net/learn/install/installing-iis-7/installing-iis-on-windows-vista-and-windows-7 – “IIS Management Console” is the required feature.
Steps for connecting to a Windows Azure Website
1. Run IIS Manager with remote administration and select the option Connect to a site…
Obtaining or resetting your deployment credentials