We are pleased to announce the release of the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7. Downloadable here, the new toolkit is helps ease the building Windows Phone 7 applications that use services running on Windows Azure.
The toolkit provides you with:
- Binaries for your Windows Phone 7 applications
- Project templates to optimize new phone application creation
- Sample applications in both C# and VB.NET
- A dependency checker that checks the prerequisites required by the toolkit
- Setup and configuration documentation, toolkit content review, a getting started walkthrough, and troubleshooting tips
Once you’ve downloaded the toolkit, you can use the phone and compute emulators to quickly get a new phone application running.
Take a look at the following resources for more information and to help you get started:
- Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7
- Wade Wegner’s blog post, “Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7“
- Getting Started with the Toolkit